Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 99 Passat from a used car dealer in Pensacola. I am currently in Biloxi, MS and will be leaving to drive back to Idaho on Tuesday.

If anyone lives close to or very near to Pensacola I need a big favor.....The dealer has yet to pay of my trade-in, send me the title to the VW, and my temp plate expires on Sunday.

I have spoken to the owner a few times and he says that they are taking care of it. I was planning on driving there tomorrow to talk to him in person, but I am not sure if they are open. I can't get an answer on either there phone or fax numbers.

Is is possible for someone to drive by there and see if they are Open??
The dealer is Murphy's Automotive, 185 W Burgess Rd, Pensacola, FL 32503, 850-484-4887

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you don't follow the news.......Pensacola was washed away last week by a hurricane named Ivan. Most of Escambia and surrounding counties won't have power for up to three weeks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know about that.....I am here in Southern Mississippi right now. It was heading straight for us until it made a small jog to the left before coming ashore.

Just wondering if maybe they are actually there, but the phones don't work??

I have tomorrow off and might just make the 200 mile round trip to see for myself.
Gonna make it kind of hard to drive a car cross-country with no license plates.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Phones likely are out as well, and you may have a hard time getting there. Someone I know was heading west and wasn't allowed past road blocks without proof of residence.

·
Registered
602 Posts
My parents are there, and I was just able to get through on the phones today. If you are driving in I would suggest you gas up before you enter Pensacola.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts