Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very random question, but I know there are a lot of well-travelled CB5ers around.

I'm planning a honeymoon for late October, which will be my first trip to Europe in the off-season (I'll take colder weather over more crowding). The plan is to start in London for a couple of days, then rail down to Portsmouth and Ferry over to France--either Roscoff or St. Malo.

We would like to rent a small car and spend about 3-4 days in the area, ultimately ending up in Versailles and then Paris for the return flight. Right now, the only agenda items are Mont St. Michel, Norman coast and D-day stuff, and Palace at Versailles.

Anyone know this area very well or have any other specific recommendations? My fiancee speaks passable French, and I'm great with navigation. We just need to know where to go with the limited time we have! TIA

Ash

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Can't help other than to offer the suggestion to check the Travel section on vwvortex.com. You might someone who can give you some pointers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mont Saint Michel is cool. However, you may want to think about more time in Paris. NW france is okay, but there is so much to see in Paris and if time is limited, I'd suggest spending more of it there.

The Left bank, the impressionist museum, the Louvre, Tuilleries, etc. are spectacular. There is so much art, architecture, history and things to see / do in paris.

I know everyone wants something different, so spend some time researching the area (local library is a great bet, buying a Fodor's guide or Michelin guide will give you a variety of suggestions.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Buy a Fromman's Guide...

Sorry, Eurotrip flashback.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would visit a Calvados distillery or Cidre brewer. I'm know some of them have tours, and even overnight accomodations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts