Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car got bombarded the other day by bird shit and i tried to wash it off today but there are spots still where the shit was. any got any suggestions to clean these areas or is my paint permantly messed up?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Poo gone. :D

steve

·
Registered
487 Posts
I used a jet wash, the hot foam seems to do a good job of softening it then the rest just rinses right off. Unless they've been eating berries, which might just as well by dye :(

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
Something that I've done with some success is simply applying a soaking wet paper towel to the poop to really soften it. With the car in the shade, I just gently lay (DON'T RUB) it right on the spot. After, say, five minutes, I gently lift the towel (DON'T RUB). The poop should be completely soft now. Then I apply a spray of water to wash away the remnants. If there's still some caked on, repeat the first step. Once all the crap is washed away, I'll give a spritz of quick detailer, buff it, and call it good. Or you can clay bar, polish and then apply your favorite wax, if more time is available.

The secret is get it off quick and don't rub any of the abrasives into the paint.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Actually I rub mine, it comes right off, but I have a layer of wax on all the time to make sure that it gets off (note wet it before rubbing off, but not to hard, be carefull).

Am I messing up the car guys? The paint looks fine.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
No you are just lucky the birds eat only worms where you live. Most times sand particles and seeds are part of bird poop. rubbing that off is as good as rubbing with sand. Only sand does not contain the additional chemical properties of the poop.

Just use a lot of water and patience. Like mentioned above, once it is nice and wet, it comes off easy. May leave a stain in the clear coat sometime. And then you get the polish/ bufer and wax from the top shelf.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.