Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the ADR Sterling's on my Passat and I got into a little curb accident that screwed up one of my rims. I went back to where I bought the rims from and they said they can't get this rim anymore. I'v tried various websites and such to try and find just one of these rims but no luck. A guy I spoke with said they won't have it for 3 months because ADR is on backorder???wtf? If you know anywhere where I can buy this rim please let me know cause I'll be extremely pissed off if I can't drive my car because of 1 f'ing rim. Thanks and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
99Vdub...Here's the contact info for Harbor Motorsports. 714 265-0010 Ask for Ben. There are on Harbour Blvd in Santa Ana. He has a direct connection to ADR, by the way they are located in Ontario

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jberg I actually went to this place yesterday. Harbor is where I bought my rims from. They told me that style is discontinued but I called ADR and they said it wasn't..Yet noone has the damn rim. Ben said he wouldn't be able to order me the rim either. What the hell do i do????!

·
Registered
107 Posts
99Vdub...Check..JimmyDee's post above for the link to www.1010tires.com.
See if they still stock this wheel. I also called ADR directly and asked for some distributers in the area. By the way I got rid of my Passat last year, but still lurk on this site.
I have ADR M-Sports on my G35 Coupe...Here's a pic....Good Luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
call "Golden Apple" at 800-745-1836. Ask them for an ADR retail store near you. I believe they are the wholesale store and should be able to point you in the right direction. Unfortunately dealing with these people is like pulling teeth.

·
Registered
23,177 Posts
D ZIGNER said:
I have the M-Sports as well and yes, dealing with ADR and the resellers sucks. They are less expensive than other wheels and they certianly save money and cut corners with lousy customer service and response.

Scott

Sorry for the thread-jack....

Scott, what suspension are you running? That's the exact drop I'm looking for. Thanks!

Paul :thumbup:

and now back to your regularly scheduled programming....

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
quality_sound said:
Scott, what suspension are you running? That's the exact drop I'm looking for. Thanks!

FK coilovers, so I could get the "excact" drop. It's actually lower than it looks. That's almost 3" in front, 2.75 in back.

·
Registered
23,177 Posts
D ZIGNER said:
quality_sound said:

FK coilovers, so I could get the "excact" drop. It's actually lower than it looks. That's almost 3" in front, 2.75 in back.

Damn. I guess if you wanna run with the big dogs.......looks like coilovers are in my future. How do you like the ride? I'm looking at either FK or KW since H&R coilovers are WAAAAAY out of my price range.

Are those 18's or 19s?

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
They are 19's and the shock is adjustable so you can soften the ride up if you like. The FK's and the KW's both use Koni shocks. I'm not sure why the KW's cost so much more. Besides, the KW's are ugly purple and yellow while the FK's are silver with blue springs. :thumbup:

Scott

·
Registered
23,177 Posts
D ZIGNER said:
They are 19's and the shock is adjustable so you can soften the ride up if you like. The FK's and the KW's both use Koni shocks. I'm not sure why the KW's cost so much more. Besides, the KW's are ugly purple and yellow while the FK's are silver with blue springs. :thumbup:

Scott

I kinda like purple.........:oops:

The blue and silver will go better with my color scheme though. Can you adjust them while on the car? I'd read somewhere that Koni's have to be taken off of the car to adjust and I really don't want to have to do that.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
There is no way on our cars to adjust any shocks (that I've seen like the Konis) without removal. The configuration has the shock-tops burried and not accessible from on top.

Most set it once or twice then leave it. Kind of a bummer and waste. I had Tokico adjustables in my Audi Coupe and you could do all 4 shocks in about 2 minutes with a small screwdriver. I changed the setting all the time for specific driving. auto x, date night, mountain twisties.

Oh, you can do yellow and purple on your... well you can put it somewhere I'm sure. :lol: Actually, you can't see the colors unless you really look hard.

Scott

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.