Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this done on YouTube but there were no explanations on how to get it done. So I'm trying to figure it out myself. I've got the lunar module from LEGO and once I put it together I will need to build a drone to make it fly. If anyone has experience in building your own drone please contact me. Stay tuned for progress reports.

TIA,

Tom

Here is the LEGO piece.

LEM by Thomas Parish, on Flickr

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
I've been wanting to get a drone for a while now. I'm a bit afraid of what it will become. I'm never happy with the mundane.
I bought a r/c car back in 2009 and it turned into a very expensive habit / hobby. I cringe at the thought of how much money I spent. I had a Traxxas Rustler, just when brushless motors were getting to be the thing. Spent an absolute fortune on 8500mah 6s LiPo's, had (3) of those. Back then, those batteries were like $300 a piece. Titanium axles. The whole ridiculous nine yards. My r/c car did around 100mph.
One nice summer day my then 10 year old daughter and I went over to the high school track field where they had a 1/4 mile running track. I was doing some high speed runs and a few people started gathering around, feeling confident I did completely full throttle run down the back side straight, about 2/3 of the way down a gust of wind came by and lifted my car right off the track and into a chain link fence. Pieces of the car were flying off in every direction. Just like a horrific airborne F1 crash. An $800+ instant loss. That was the last day I used my r/c cars.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts