Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINAL CALL IS SEPT 13!!!!! if you don't email me today tough cookies

I have spoken with leatherseats.com and they are more than happy to deal with clubb5.com again for a GB. The price is 679 for front/rear custom leather. The minimum for a GB is 3 orders for 5% off. The % grows with more people. Answer back to this post if you are interested and I will do the rest.
thanks guys,

as of 9/10 it looks like these three people are in, if you have ?? by your name I'm not counting you in. Let me know if you want to jump aboard. I will end this GB early if no one else joins in a few days.
modestpassat
Sinjin
RyanFD_1.8T

??PhatRabbitzz
??bazzag
??NoneRock

thanks guys,

[Modified by modestpassat, 7:31 AM 9/10/2002]

<![CDATA[
FINAL CALL IS SEPT 13!!!!! if you don't email me today tough cookies

I have spoken with leatherseats.com and they are more than happy to deal with clubb5.com again for a GB. The price is 679 for front/rear custom leather. The minimum for a GB is 3 orders for 5% off. The % grows with more people. Answer back to this post if you are interested and I will do the rest.
thanks guys,

as of 9/10 it looks like these three people are in, if you have ?? by your name I'm not counting you in. Let me know if you want to jump aboard. I will end this GB early if no one else joins in a few days.
modestpassat
Sinjin
RyanFD_1.8T

??PhatRabbitzz
??bazzag
??NoneRock

thanks guys,

[Modified by modestpassat, 7:31 AM 9/10/2002]

[Modified by modestpassat, 2:57 PM 9/13/2002]

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Re: Anyone interested in leatherseats.com GB???? (modestpassat)

Do you think it will include door inserts and center armrest?

Does it include an installation kit, ie. hog rings etc...?

One more, do you think the deal would include the leather/suede seats?

If you know the answers to any, that would be cool.

<![CDATA[Do you think it will include door inserts and center armrest?

[Modified by NoneRock, 5:42 PM 8/22/2002]

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Re: Anyone interested in leatherseats.com GB???? (NoneRock)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Do you think it will include door inserts and center armrest?

[Modified by NoneRock, 5:42 PM 8/22/2002]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it is structured like the last one ( i was in on that one):

Yes, I believe this is a part of their kit.

No, the installation kit is extra.

They do have a suede insert option.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Anyone interested in leatherseats.com GB???? (NoneRock)

The installation kit is $35 and it includes everything you need to install it yourself.
You must take out your seats to install the leather, they claim it takes about 4hrs for the entire job. And yes, it includes door inserts and console cover. I know that two-tone is the same price as monotone, but I don't know about suede inserts. I will post an answer to that tomorrow.
thanks,

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

Link to the last GB

Here are pics of the gathered two-tone option (grey inserts). Mine came out more gathered than others that I saw, I was surprised at first but I am in love with them now. And the passenger front seat alone took me 3 hours, thats without trying to preserve the original leather. Be prepared because you have to cut holes in your leather ... no mistakes!

The back seats

The fronts

<![CDATA[Link to the last GB

Here are pics of the gathered two-tone option (grey inserts). Mine came out more gathered than others that I saw, I was surprised at first but I am in love with them now. And the passenger front seat alone took me 3 hours, thats without trying to preserve the original leather. Be prepared because you have to cut holes in your leather ... no mistakes!

The back seats

The fronts

[Modified by BigSwirv, 8:20 PM 8/22/2002]

·
Registered
156 Posts
Re: Anyone interested in leatherseats.com GB???? (RyanFD_1.8T)

BEWARE
I got screwed big time by leatherseats.com I would not trust them. This is the deal in June I had ordered the set of leathers for one of my guys who was going to put his car in a car show in august any way I had talked to the guy (and there only seems like there is only one guy wooking there)
and he told me about 3 weeks this would be ready, so end of july comes around and no skins called him up he said its a week out, I told him send the set next day air when the skins are ready. A week later I get only the seat covers no door panels I call him up again, Dude where are my door panels, AHHHHH he replyed Ill get them out to you ASAP. 2 weeks later (3 days before the show) I get a 4x4 foot sheet of boat vinal I could have gotten at any fabric store plus he charges me for another next day air charge and a rush order charge $25.00 for something I had to cut and sew my self and it wasnt even leather. This company leatherseats.com gets a
in my list. I hope you all do better than I did.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Re: Anyone interested in leatherseats.com GB???? (autoguardx)

I would check the link to the original thread in my earlier post. I think most of that group was satisfied with their purchase. Oh yeah and apparently, the GB organizer gets their stuff first!
Ask gufi21.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Well, I talked with them again today and the installation kit includes everything you need to install the kit, even spray adhesive for the door panels. The two-tone leather is the same price as single tone, suede inserts are $100 extra. I would like to get as many people as possible together for this GB, so far it looks like myself and one other. We'll see how many join in a week or so.
thanks guys,

·
Registered
93 Posts

I am in.
I have cloth right now, and I was just at the car wash thinking to myself I should have gotten leather. Came home, saw this post, perfect.

BTW, anyone from the last group buy get two-tone Beige and Black, or just beige?If so I would love to see some pics.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Anyone interested in leatherseats.com GB???? (Sinjin)

still looking for more people to jump in, more people means better discount.
thanks,

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Anyone interested in leatherseats.com GB???? (PhatRabbitzz)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>So how much would it be for suede inserts, intallation kit, Color Double Stitching, Colord piping, Flat Perforated inserts and overnight shipping?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, suede inserts are $100 extra on the price. Installation kit comes with everything you need to install the seats @ $35. Flat perforated inserts would be the same price as regular two-tone, I think. Shipping charges would have to be determined by leatherseats.com. I don't know about double stitching or colored piping, I will check on that tomorrow and make another post.
thanks,

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply with some info. Hopefully this will answer any questions you all have. I am marking the deadline for this GB Sept. 30. The more people we have, the better the discount is.

Buyers: Discount: Price:
1...........................0%.............$679.00
3...........................5%.............$645.05
5.........................10%.............$611.10
10.......................15%.............$577.15
20.......................20%.............$543.20

We will be offering the following options at the indicated prices.

Two-tone..................................FREE
2 embroideries........................FREE
Installation Kit..........................$35.00
Color Double Stitching...........$20.00
Colored Piping........................$60.00
Flat Perforated inserts............$35.00
Flat Non-perf inserts................$35.00
Ground Shipping......................$25.00
Overnight Shipping...................$55.00

Right now it looks like 4 buyers, lets make ten guys, I know there are some more people that want some great looking leater interior.
thanks,

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I edited the list, if no one joins in a few days I am ending this early. If you are not sure to jump in because I am relatively new to the forum, check my eBay feedback under the name modestpassat. I have over 65 positive ratings and no negative.....YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET SCREWED IN THIS DEAL UNLESS YOU DON'T GET ON BOARD

thanks,

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

FINAL CALL if you wish to participate in this group buy please feel free to email me, [email protected] Fri Sep 13 is the last day to join.
thanks,

·
Registered
93 Posts

Anyone else?!

·
Registered
3,399 Posts

Okay, I can get you guys better pricing for the Katzkin leather seats.
I can do two-tone, 2 embroideries, installation kit, color double stiching, colored piping, flat/non perforated inserts, ground shipping. All of the above for $720.

Think about it...even if we get 5 people then it'll all add up to 786.10$ (611.10+35+20+60+35+25)...and even if 10 people do this GB it'll be $752.15.
You guys do the math, I am just tryin to save you guys some money.

By the way, leatherseats.com is not a dealer of katzkin, hence their car kits are similar to katzkin but not katzkin...as gufi21 said: "leather seats.com is not a katzkin dealer... simliar yes.. same no..."
Thanks,
Jacob

<![CDATA[Okay, I can get you guys better pricing for the Katzkin leather seats.
I can do two-tone, 2 embroideries, installation kit, color double stiching, colored piping, flat/non perforated inserts, ground shipping. All of the above for $720.

Think about it...even if we get 5 people then it'll all add up to 786.10$ (611.10+35+20+60+35+25)...and even if 10 people do this GB it'll be $752.15.
You guys do the math, I am just tryin to save you guys some money.

By the way, leatherseats.com is not a dealer of katzkin, hence their car kits are similar to katzkin but not katzkin...as gufi21 said: "leather seats.com is not a katzkin dealer... simliar yes.. same no..."
Thanks,
Jacob

[Modified by PhatRabbitzz, 9:55 AM 9/15/2002]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts