Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Should I Just Scrap It Because It's Just A Car And I'm Too Emotionally Attached?

• Scrap It

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let Someone Else Know the Joy of the W8

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Located in MD, USA...

Looking to offload my Passat W8 but don't want to just junk it. It has ~220k miles but all 8 cylinders are firing.

Current issues I know about (cause W8):
• Needs new muffler flex connectors - sound open pipe atm but mufflers are still good if those were replaces.
• Windshield has a crack in it - freeze got into a chip and has been growing since then.
• One of the rough road sensors is show a code so traction control isn't working.
• Needs a new e brake cable - current cable is frayed and was sticking so isn't connected to the rear anymore.
• AC needs to be recharged.
• Some scrape cosmetic damage to the passenger side.

This was my daily driver for about 9 years so we've been through a lot. I have an 81 VW Rabbit Pickup as the project car I'm not working on so need to clear up the space.

Edit:
It's a 6 speed!
Sedan

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,302 Posts
Since this is a special case with a rare-ish car, I will allow this thread to continue for the time being and in this subforum. Normally, this would be classifieds posting and you'd need 25 posts on this site to qualify.

You don't happen to be in Central MD by chance?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since this is a special case with a rare-ish car, I will allow this thread to continue for the time being and in this subforum. Normally, this would be classifieds posting and you'd need 25 posts on this site to qualify.

You don't happen to be in Central MD by chance?
Western MD - Allegany County.

Sorry about being such a rebel - figured this would be a good place to see if there was interest.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Reactions: pcacesam

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
If only it were black on black. Just had to say it. :whistle:

·
Registered
127 Posts
You're right, but once he said it was a six speed, and the price, I knew I had to have it. Just made for a very long weekend. We left Utah on Thursday at 1800, and just got back to my house at 0530 this morning.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
You're right, but once he said it was a six speed, and the price, I knew I had to have it. Just made for a very long weekend. We left Utah on Thursday at 1800, and just got back to my house at 0530 this morning.
Noice.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
What are you doing here, you should be catching up on your sleep.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I like that trailer.
I got a W8 that needs to be moved from WI to AZ shortly. Hint hint.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts