Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm interested too as I'm thinking of installing this as well along with some larger injectors, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, a Forge diverter valve, and a FMIC. I think with my other mods this turbo may spool faster than a K04 and have a bit more kick.

rogerius, where did you get your's from and are you just swapping turbos or adding some extras for fuel differences?

Bob

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
Wow. The E05 looks mean... especially the redesigned compressor wheel. Eegads, this is a family car, man!!! :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This turbo has been out for a while now yet no one on these forums has one. On paper it looks pretty good. Make no mistake this is a hybrid KO3 yet supposedly runs better than a KO4. I hope its capable of producing 180kw at the flywheel.

For any of you considering this you may want to choose a TT MAF and injector combo to go with the turbo and suitable programming of course.

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
boostB5 said:
$1325 ??? Seems like alot of money for not alot of HP. :???:
Well, even if you didn't get much peak HP/Torque improvement, I bet the overall area under the Tq/HP curves would be a huge improvement. It's not all about boost - it's also about flowing more air.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Don't think the TT MAF works in our intake layout without some serious work. The injectors would probably work on a DBW using EV12 style injectors, but would need some tinkering on a nDBW. I think that MAF/injector combo is directed to the transverse crowd that share the basic TT layout. GIAC still needs programming for loyal CB5ers like Ricardo!

·
Registered
879 Posts
to have e complete setup,TT MAF is needed.Some modifications to the TIP have to be done though.Big injectors and downpipe are also needed,maybe free flow cat after the custom downpipe 3" and at lest 2.5" catback exhaust.Software has to be thoroughly tuned on the road........I am still at the beginning of this mod,targetting 290hp at crank :bow: :bow: :bow:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts