Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never driven or even set foot in a CC, but I always liked the looks of them, but this model's sales numbers are awful here in the US. Does the CC sell better elsewhere in the world? Thanks largely to "Dieselgate," VW is said to be planning on killing approximately 40 of its 340 different model lines over the next few years to make room for more EVs and Crossovers, and I would assume that the models with the worst sales numbers will be in jeopardy. Others include the Beetle and the 2-door Golf.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,607 Posts
God, I hope not. It's their best car they have in the US right now. I had a b7 before this. Absolutely love my mk2 CC

·
Registered
281 Posts
I agree with PassatPat, I do like the look of the CC, but realistically speaking it's a Passat in different higher priced clothing.
Just for the heck of it where did the Phaeton go ???

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,607 Posts
I agree with PassatPat, I do like the look of the CC, but realistically speaking it's a Passat in different higher priced clothing.
Just for the heck of it where did the Phaeton go ???
Having owned an '14 NMS and now a '13 CC, I can tell you that statement is 100% false. It doesn't feel the same, drive near the same nor has the same drivetrain offering (2.0t is amazing) as a passat. It attracts a totally different kind of buyer. To someone on the outside looking at a picture, I guess one might say it's "just a pretty passat" but until you get some windshield time in both, you won't notice.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
After looking at the July 16 sales results, the CC isn't suffering that much worse than most of the VW models. They had pretty modest expectations to begin with. Probably at least one more model refresh in planning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts