Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to run Nuespeed Sport springs (1.5 inch drop all around) with OEM Struts...They only have 25,000 miles on OEM Struts. I have a 99 1.8T and I think im going to run 18 inch rims with 225/40/18 tires. Anyone have a similar setup? Any problems with rubbing or oil pan scraping? Please Help. Also post pics if you have this setup...Thanks :???:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Type B5 said:
I wanted to run Nuespeed Sport springs (1.5 inch drop all around) with OEM Struts...They only have 25,000 miles on OEM Struts. I have a 99 1.8T and I think im going to run 18 inch rims with 225/40/18 tires. Anyone have a similar setup? Any problems with rubbing or oil pan scraping? Please Help. Also post pics if you have this setup...Thanks :???:
I had before Neuspeed springs 1.5 inch drop with OEM shoks and 225/40/18 tires. Rubbing of course not, you can put three fingers between tires and a fenders. Oil pan scraping depends how big is a bump and how fast you going.

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
Type B5, it has a lot to do with your offset on your wheels. If you get the right offset, you can run 19's (or 20's) with up to a 245 width tire and not rub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts