Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says, im trying to decide which grill i want. I'd like to trade for a bonrath badgeless but i dunno what a boser on a b5 w/ a kamei badgeless looks like. help me out guys.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=79112&start=180

Scroll down and do you see the White Passat? I know that isnt a badgeless grill, but I have see one witha badgeless grill and a boeser hood!

Check with Paul (quality sound) he has pics of the hood, but I cant remember if his grill is badgesless?

Anywho, just picture the white Passat with no badge, it so small anyway you really cant see it!

Rich :wink:

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I've always wondered if the Kamei Grill and the Boser extension were compatable. Reason being, the Kamei DOES raise the profile of the girl out a few cms. I just don't know HOW close the boser hugs the grill space.

Anyone?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
You will be fine with the Boeser hood and the Kamei grill, I opened up Eugene's(the white Passat) hood and it was fine, no rubbing, and his fit nicely.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
There is no rubbing issue. Here's my wife's B5 (man that's weird to type) when I was test fitting the CF Boeser hood. It's not badgeless, but you get the idea. Man I wish my wife wanted to use the hood and body kit. :cry:

Spanky - my Kamei grill didn't raise the profile at all. If anything it sits a little farther back than the OEM grill.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
PAUL

Ok now I am just mad :mad: you know I want that hood and what do you do, you just continue to tease me and post pictures of it!

THANKS ALOT! :mad:

Oh bud I am just kidding :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Scuba- Yes, but no pics. The wife doesn't want the hood or the body kit on the car since she's driving it now. :cry: At least I got to look at it for about an hour. :lol: I got the alignment set and then I told her I wanted a new car and that's when she dropped the "no hood or kit" bomb on me. Talk about depressing. :( I'll take some pics of my brother's CF Boeser when we get it on.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Spanky McGee said:
AAAAH Paul Paul Paul!

I was actually talking about the Kamei "Sport" Grill! (Sorry)

You know, THIS one:

-steven

Gotcha. Yet another difference between the 5 and 5.5 parts. It does stick out a bit more than the oem grill on a 5.5 but I think they'll make sure it clears it when they mock it up. I'm still looking for a grill for my 5.5 Variant. Too many choices.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.