Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You got a design for the PC? Any product in mind? What touchscreen are you going to use?
I'm seriously thinking of creating one too...
I keep floundering between getting a nice DVD setup with a NAVI, or just building my own deal...

Jimmy :)

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
I've looked at a few different screens. I was leaning towards a Lilliput screen but I've been hearing some bad things lately. I may bypass the touchscreen altogether and go with a trackball. As for the computer itself I'll probably have someone more knowledgable than I help me with that part. I can build a home PC but the car units have some quirks that I haven't dealt with. Just gotta sell the Alpine gear first. :poke:

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, I was hot for the Lilliput unit too, but now I'm reading about a lot of quality issues with them. I think I'd stick witht he touch screen though... less crap in the car, the better.

Jimmy :)

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
I've never been a fan of touch screens in a mobile environment in the first place. That's one of the biggest reasons I went with Alpine in the first place. We'll see how it all pans out if I can manage to find a serious buyer.

Paul :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.