Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my antenna which was originally black(2 months ago) is now a dark gold color. ive tried calling, tried email. havent heard back. i know there have been some problems in the past getting in contact with them but was hoping there is someone whos having better luck than i am..

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
I'm not to happy with any of the billet antennas. I replaced mine with an OEM Shorty antenna (just like stock, but shorter) and it works better.

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
rusty is prolly out on another euro supply trip. he goes over there from time to time to stock up. it's kind of hard to reach him because only he and one other run the company.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
My billet did the same - only a thin strip of black remained on the underside.
Spray paint it, or just buy a S2000 one.
There are also others that fit.
Chrysler maybe?

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
Rus travels a lot so he can be hard to get a hold of. However, he has been avoiding my PMs for over 6 months now.:thumbdown

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Are you guys sure it's Rus on the other end?

A couple people I've talked to had orders completed but never emails or live conversations with Rus. Someone is obviously monitoring the PM/emails but I've not been given the impression the person at the other end is Rus. Rus certainly doesn't post as regularly as he used to, and I haven't seen a new post from him in more than 18 months.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
He has not "appeared" lately at all. His "store" is in Watertown, MA. Maybe one of our Bostonian members should visit him?

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
He has not "appeared" lately at all. His "store" is in Watertown, MA. Maybe one of our Bostonian members should visit him?
i think it would be a good idea for a "qualified" member to go see what's up. we can't just have anyone go to his door and start asking "hey dood, wassap wit dis?!"

he would not be happy, and would further hamper our efforts.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
One always needs to balance the uniqueness of the product or the price with the effort expended in acquiring such before an intelligent decision can be made on the purchase. Based on previous posts citing communication and unresolved queries, I'd ask myself if it was worth dealing with suppliers like this.

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts
I'm guessing there are a lot of b5one members that could look him up if we asked.
x2.....maybe someone should go "knocking" and see what shakes up. Seems like there's enough of a justification for it too, from what I've read/seen in the last 6 months.

·
he just thinks he's amazing. really. no kidding.
3,779 Posts
My antenna from Dubstop has also begun to fade. I'm not entirely surprised, as color anodization never seems to stand up well to prolonged exposure to UV. I have some anodized red valve stem caps on my Supra. It was parked in my driveway before I moved last year for a few months. During that time, the caps on the driver's side faded to pink. It sucks. :(

But as far as the antenna goes, nothing a quick sand paper roughing and a shot of matté black won't fix. :)

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
If I were to order, I'd want to know that it was Rus dealing with PW members. Since we would be buying based upon HIS reputation more so than dubstop that's more of a concern to me.

Someone could call and ask for Rus. I saw their number on their eBay auctions...

·
WF16 Champion and Argumentative Wanker
9,018 Posts
He's around, I've gotten fender markers in the last 2 weeks and he responded to me in the marketplace. Haven't had much conversation tho. I'd love for someone to find out what's up. I'm not that close, otherwise I'd go pay a visit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.