Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been in the club that long but i seems to me like you guys are all in claifornia :cry: Well as for me im stuck in AR with my B5. Was just wondering if there was anyone in the club form fayetteville in the club. If anyone is around this area of the country drop me a PM. 8)

Thanks
Ethan

·
Registered
486 Posts
Louisiana here. But south central. Stick LA in front of your hometown and drop the ville and you get where I am around. Lafayette.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No one from Fayetteville??? well thats the price you pay for being in the south. around here if you dont have a truck they dont know how to help ya

Quote: "I'm Stationed at Little Rock AFB!!
Where are you actually form , seen any passat's down there in LR??? do you stil have yours??? i thought i saw a passat with tinted tails today didn't have stock rims either, got cut off by a truck :mad: and never got close enough to her again :cry: and there is really nice S4 that i see from time to time but thats about it up here
Thanks for all of the Responces!!
Ethan

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my dad was just up in springfield last weekend, next time im up that way i will drop you a line!! :D
Thanks Ethan

·
Registered
113 Posts
Woo Hoo!!! A Fayetteville guy!!! :D

Man, we've got to have a GTG!!! A rather large get together of: two!!

Seriously, though, I'm in Fayetteville, and own a restaurant called the Hoffbrau...give me a call as I'd love to check out your ride!!!

Matt

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your on the X, your on the X!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: When do you want to meet???? Im going to the baseball game at one, but anytime Before or after that im free tomrrow, Cant wait to see your ride, is it a passat or an audi??? there are 2 audi's i see every now an then (Green and silver) and a white passat (the only one i have seen that has mods!
Thaks Ethan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, today will be tough due it being Valentine's Day....lots of honey do's if you know what I mean. :lol:

I have an 02 Silverstone Grey 1.8T Passat. Love the car. Of, course, it's a 5-speed :)D), and I love it. Some tasteful mods, IMHO, but not too many. I have an Upsolute chip, and love it, the "local" Up rep is in Tulsa. I highly recommend we take a ride to see him. :lol:

Are you a student? Let's try to hook up sometime Monday. I have a meeting at 1:00pm Monday (which means I'll be leaving the Hoffbrau at around 12:00), but if you want to come by around 11:00, I'll buy you a burger and we can swap stories.

Talk with you soon,

Matt

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have a 2000 Auto/tip 1.8t (i really dont know how to drive a stick) i have only had the car about 3 months so i really haven't had that much time to mod it or that much money either, the only thing i have done to the car is tint the windows and replace my broken rear cupholder. im a student, at FHS, im 16 years old and in the 10Th grade . I cant do anything on monday, ive got a computer project going, i haft to meet with some lady. I really dont have that much time through the week, i leave school a 345 and go to work Monday-firday until 6 then i get off and have to do my 3 to 31/2 hours of homework :mad: But maybe we could meet at the Haffbrau sometime after 6 i work in spingdale :thumbdow: so it takes me about 30 to get back to fayetteville depending on the traffic

And as for today being Valentines day, i dont have a Girlfriend, so i got may car a mod!!! My car has got to be the coolest chick i know :lol:
Thanks
Ethan

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Hey, if you guys go see Jake in Tulsa, I want to go. Good friend of mine.

Better yet, you can all come here to Springfield to drool over the Lamborghinis and Ferraris in my shop.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sharky,

I thought that you worked with Jake at Brad Noe?

Yeah, I guess I'd rather go drool over Lambos and Ferraris. :lol:

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
hoffbrau said:
Sharky,

I thought that you worked with Jake at Brad Noe?

Yeah, I guess I'd rather go drool over Lambos and Ferraris. :lol:
I ditched Noe at the end of last summer because, well, I HATE the people who run that place with a white-hot nuclear flux capacitor proton-powered super overdrive Ginsu laser beam passion.

The tire thing with you was one of many similar incidents, but really, that was just Wes telling you what he THOUGHT it should cost. I almost got fired over your deal because the dumbasses couldn't comprehend what I was trying to do for you.

My problems with the place were mostly internal and therefore mostly invisible to the customer. I will say that there are many things they did right down there, though. Just, treating employees with a modicum of respect wasn't one of them.

It's too bad, really. There are several really good and solid techs there, and Jake is one of them. He is also a top-notch guy in general. He and Stephanie came up to Grand Lake with me last summer for a weekend and we all had a nice time. Also ran into Jake in Dallas last December while at Touareg school and he was there for A8 school...went to dinner one night and had a good time then too.

As for the Italian cars, it was cool for about a week, at which point they just turned into cars I am REALLY careful not to back into! :lol:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All of the above was way over my head. oh well thats just the price u pay for being the newbe on the block

Would love to go up to tulsa with you guys sometime and checkout some sweet cars :lol:
Thanks
Ethan

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
turbo2000 said:
All of the above was way over my head. oh well thats just the price u pay for being the newbe on the block

Would love to go up to tulsa with you guys sometime and checkout some sweet cars :lol:
Thanks
Ethan
Tulsa is where the sweatshop is.

Springfield is where the cool cars are.

That's all you need to know.

8)

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, Matt i can meet you on tuesday at 11:45-12:00, lunch starts at 11:45 so it would take me a few minutes to get to my car and up to the square. Let me know :poke:
Thanks
Ethan

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
I have been passing through Fayetteville regularly, since moving to KC a year ago, to see my parents in Baton Rouge. I love the drive through the mountains to Ft. Smith :thumbup: , but could do without the drive between Ft. Smith and Shreveport. Ever driven the skyline drive out of Mena?

XXX Come to the BugBlitz show this summer XXX,
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69748, it is an easy drive up 71 :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not from NW Arkansas, but I'm in Little Rock. I have a friend that lives in NW Arkansas, so if anything big happens up there, let me know and have an excuse to go visit him.

Lotsa Passats here in central AR..... though not sure if there are many CB5ers...

-Hex..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts