Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and came across Wheels of America, IIRC that handled curb rash. Anyone use them? How much per wheel. My Simmons have some rash on the polished lips :mad: that I would like taken care of.

Bob

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yeah, my front driver side rim got curbed hardcore. My dad did it first when he was picking up my mom at the airport cause his car was in the shop... then I accidentally curbed it in the Taco Bell drive thru. I don't know about your guys' Taco Bell drive thru's, but the ones in Mobile are like 7 feet wide. if you don't be careful, like i did, your wheels get messed up. My curb rash is way deep, but if it's fixable, perhaps there is hope

·
Registered
73 Posts
For my experience I have wet sanded the curb rashes. First use a medium/light grade then use a finer grade (about 1500 grain) to buff it out. Then apply clearcoat to prevent rust. You still can see the difference but you have to be within 1 feet to see it. So far it's been about 1 year and no rust.

They were light scratches on my OEM Adelaides so even when the paint is sanded down the bare metal color looks similiar enough to be not noticed. I would imagine if you have chrome wheels it would be more difficult. Again, these are light scratches that just scratched about .5 mm into the metal, and only the outermost rim lip part. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
There's a write on repairing painted Alloys in the how to sections at Audiworld....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.