Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that this part was offered on ECS Tuning's website, and the basic description is that it works just like stock, but its response is delayed by perhaps a half a second or so. It claims to smooth out jerky power curves and improve low-end boost. Anybody have experience with this item? Rave reviews? Horror stories? Related to an AEB engine, if possible?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've been running one on my car(ATW) for around 2 years now. no real problems except for limp mode when its cold outside and i let it go past 20psi. boost comes on harder than it used to with just a chip. the boost spike found in GIAC where it spikes at ~17 then drops to 15psi is gone. it just goes to 18-19psi and stays there until you get higher in the rpms and then it will drop off like normal. i tried it on my girl's AEB engine and it did nothing. no change in anything. and here's the link to my dyno so you can see that my a/f ratio is fine all the way up to redline.

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206620

Oh, and its really an "H" valve found on the older S4's. ECS just tweaked the screw a little bit and filed off the part number.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have used one for about a year now, a try to even out some spiking issues, and it worked.

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been running one on my car(ATW) for around 2 years now. no real problems except for limp mode when its cold outside and i let it go past 20psi. boost comes on harder than it used to with just a chip. the boost spike found in GIAC where it spikes at ~17 then drops to 15psi is gone. it just goes to 18-19psi and stays there until you get higher in the rpms and then it will drop off like normal. i tried it on my girl's AEB engine and it did nothing. no change in anything. and here's the link to my dyno so you can see that my a/f ratio is fine all the way up to redline.

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206620

Oh, and its really an "H" valve found on the older S4's. ECS just tweaked the screw a little bit and filed off the part number.
So it's just a slightly-retuned H valve. Hmm. Do you understand what turning the screw managed to accomplish well enough to explain it to me?

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
So it's just a slightly-retuned H valve. Hmm. Do you understand what turning the screw managed to accomplish well enough to explain it to me?
It's an H valve without further modification. The part number is removed but that's history now since many people know it is an H valve.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i remember people on either AW or AZ commenting about the H valve has been tweaked by turning that screw a while back. I don't know if that screw is there for adjustment purposes or for assembly though.

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i remember people on either AW or AZ commenting about the H valve has been tweaked by turning that screw a while back. I don't know if that screw is there for adjustment purposes or for assembly though.
I think the screw adjusts the N75's operation when it's unpowered (that is, when the ECU isn't directly controlling it).

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have an AEB, yes I have read the warnings and so on, but I am not pushing this car much, commuting in it, and since I got it, under normal acceleration up to highway speeds, it would begin jerking, and boost fluctuating.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
The screw is there for adjustment, but the difficulty in making meaningful adjustments makes it not worthwhile. The different valves C & F, H, J & K give you enough choices if you want to try something different.

Final answer, the ECS valve is an H valve with the part number milled off. No further modification.

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have an AEB, yes I have read the warnings and so on, but I am not pushing this car much, commuting in it, and since I got it, under normal acceleration up to highway speeds, it would begin jerking, and boost fluctuating.
This happened before or after you put the N75H valve in?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I noticed that this part was offered on ECS Tuning's website, and the basic description is that it works just like stock, but its response is delayed by perhaps a half a second or so. It claims to smooth out jerky power curves and improve low-end boost. Anybody have experience with this item? Rave reviews? Horror stories? Related to an AEB engine, if possible?
About two years ago I went to ECS looking for that upgrade, and was told by Tom not to use the N75 vale on my Passat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts