Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I would appreciate some feedback on what Remote Control Support Software you all use. We are currently using PCAnywhere, VNC and it is slow and the remote PC (on the other end) has to have a client already installed. :mad:

I came across "network streaming" in an ad -in a tech magazine I subscribe to. Anyone have any experience with these guys? It sounds pretty cool. You just point the client to a URL to install the software and you are in.
Thanks
-GK

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
DSView by Avocent. Not bad...but can be a real pain in the ass with mouse control.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
dameware. It's cool because if you have admin rights to the remote machine, it will install the client and start up the service if it's not installed already. Also, it can be set to remove itself when you disconnect.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I use VNC and I -live- inside vnc.

on windows and unix. I can even do VIDEO EDITING across a network with vnc server/client.

works well for me!

and the price is right.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Medrosje said:
DSView by Avocent. Not bad...but can be a real pain in the ass with mouse control.
DSview is awsome, I'm using right now. But it required a good amount of bandwidth and is not practical for one pc.

I like XP's built in Remote desktop, I just wish it had tighter security like PCAW does. My experience has been that Remote desktop is faster than PCAW (try reducing the resolution & color depth, my help), which seems to me to be faster than VNC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts