1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
I took a look at that site about a month ago after someone said they bought two front struts and two rear shocks for around $130-$150 shipped. :crazy:

Rule 1: Ask them what the name of the part manufacturer is before you buy anything!!!

Obviously you're looking for answers like Boge, Sachs, Bilstein, Valeo, Bosch, Pierburg, Siemens, Meyle, etc.

Seems I sent them an email questioning who made a specific part, but never got an answer. Most reputable places that sell OEM parts at typical sub-retail prices (i.e. retail less 10 to 15 %), don't have a problem telling you who manufactured the part on their web site.

OEM names seen on that web site are few and far between. Not to mention they need to do a better job of photographing the part they are selling which will be the part you receive, not some generic photo of a chinese-made strut with "Boge" or "Sachs" written next to it.

Caveat Emptor :beer:

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took a look at that site about a month ago after someone said they bought two front struts and two rear shocks for around $130-$150 shipped. :crazy:

Rule 1: Ask them what the name of the part manufacturer is before you buy anything!!!

Obviously you're looking for answers like Boge, Sachs, Bilstein, Valeo, Bosch, Pierburg, Siemens, Meyle, etc.

Seems I sent them an email questioning who made a specific part, but never got an answer. Most reputable places that sell OEM parts at typical sub-retail prices (i.e. retail less 10 to 15 %), don't have a problem telling you who manufactured the part on their web site.

OEM names seen on that web site are few and far between. Not to mention they need to do a better job of photographing the part they are selling which will be the part you receive, not some generic photo of a chinese-made strut with "Boge" or "Sachs" written next to it.

Caveat Emptor :beer:

I noticed that. Very few name brands actually listed. Actually I started thinking twice about shopping here after I posted this. Everything is too vague on the pictures and descriptions.

Maybe I'll try one of the o2 sensors and see how it works before I buy all of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts