Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw two of these recently, one moving, one in a parking lot, both black. Very nice looking car. With a choice of a 2.0T or a 250 hp 6 cyl, seems like these might be some fun. Little heavy at 3500 lbs, but not that far off.

I would've done a search but Eos is the dreaded 3 letters.:D

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
Only sat in one at the dealership. Zero leg room for rear passengers.

IMHO, it will attract more female than male owners.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Family friend has one...the seals around the windshield leaked the first time it rained. VW solution was to try and sell them a little bottle of $100 lubricant for the seal. A little research online found its the same stuff which GM sells for the G6 convertible for around $30. Also have had problems with the speedometer, stereo, and some problem with a window not clearing a seal or something when you open a door. I guess all are pretty common problems and have had TSBs for them.

Needless to say they told me they wish spent more money and gotten the Volvo convertible instead. I guess the real issue isn't the car since they got it right when they came out and expected some issues but with the dealer. Typical VW complaint and why when my car is out of warranty I wont be going to a dealer and why I will never buying another VW unless I move closer to a better dealer.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Heh. Sounds like a typical VW...

I thought this was amusing.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2523
Only slight electrical glitches:

When raising n.s. front door window it goes up then comes half-way down again occasionally;

when opening boot using internal switch it pops open but by the time you get around the back it has shut itself again (sometimes just as you put your fingers under it..). This happens a lot but haven't mentioned it to the dealer yet.

Otherwise it's fine.
Oh, only *slight* electrical glitches. :p

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Only sat in one at the dealership. Zero leg room for rear passengers.

IMHO, it will attract more female than male owners.
I sat in one. Nice car. In hindsight my mind never even processed that there was room for passegers in the back. It's THAT bad. Interior is more of the same as what you'd see in a B6. What struck me was the sunroof and where the button was placed to pop the top. The seats, more specifically the bolsters, are more similar to those found in the toureg than the B6 I drove. No it's not terribly masculine.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
to me when i first saw it..just looks like a b6 convertible. I wouldn't consider getting one unless im about 65 years old and married.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts