Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone made modification to the stock lower grills? These grills are not to my taste, I think it make the car look kind of blend esp if you have lowered suspension with big rims. I do not want to change the front spoiler bec my area has got pretty shitty car park slopes that are not forgiving.

I like the RS6 style insert the best..

·
Registered
778 Posts
Several members who own B5.5s have added chrome to the bottom center grill piece much like that on the RS6. I don't have the link but you might try a search. Perhaps someone else will chime in with a link.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Here is what I did. ..

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
InkBlue said:
Here is what I did. ..

inkblue, i got the same stuff from ebay. not the best quality stuff. i only did the center grill section. didnt have enough patience to do the rest. plus the remaining material is good for replacing the little pieces i constantly lose! it looks good from afar, but up close it's not all that... i am looking for an alternative in the future. surely there must be better chrome pieces than this...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Ultravox I think I know what you are talking about. I felt the same way and I was jelous of the b5.5's with the mesh grilles that come with the votex front end. So here is what I did I order the Kamei honeycomb grille mesh from www.part4vw.com is is always on backorder but I had Megan ship mine out as soon as it came in.

I have the vestatec foglight kit so I replaced the mesh in them with the honey comb. then I cut the fins out of the center grill and made a custom grill to fit in the space and sprayed everything black so now the job looke OEM. Since there was enough mesh left I cut new inserts for my caracter mest grille so now I have the S6 look on my b5 because and the mesh has the stock frame and all the mesh matches when I finish a couple more things on the car I will take the pictures and post them with my profile.

The change is so subtle that if you don't know that it is a mod you would think that it came that way from the factory.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
phantom GLI said:
Ultravox I think I know what you are talking about. I felt the same way and I was jelous of the b5.5's with the mesh grilles that come with the votex front end. So here is what I did I order the Kamei honeycomb grille mesh from www.part4vw.com is is always on backorder but I had Megan ship mine out as soon as it came in.

I have the vestatec foglight kit so I replaced the mesh in them with the honey comb. then I cut the fins out of the center grill and made a custom grill to fit in the space and sprayed everything black so now the job looke OEM. Since there was enough mesh left I cut new inserts for my caracter mest grille so now I have the S6 look on my b5 because and the mesh has the stock frame and all the mesh matches when I finish a couple more things on the car I will take the pictures and post them with my profile.

The change is so subtle that if you don't know that it is a mod you would think that it came that way from the factory.
pix pix pix :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.