Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems the 1.8t has a heavy fly wheel... has anyone changed theirs and noticed a big difference???

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yes and Yes, car spins up faster. Have not G-Teched the car since I did the Stage 2 SPEC clutch and flywheel and Supersprint Exhaust but seat of pants tells me the car is quicker. Will know more when i put the summer tires back on and I can keep from spinning in 1st and 2nd

·
0 Posts
Yes and Yes again, I have a Stage 3 A.W.E clutch and flywheel, To me it made the car feel quicker almost like it had to work less to go faster. The gears fly by, it gives the illusion that you lightend the entire car. If you can do it, go for it! by the way i can spin in 3rd as well! Not that i would do thing like that! :oops:

·
0 Posts
12lbs aluminum flywheel (13lbs lighter than stock) It takes 20 minutes for you to get used to it and to find the sweet spot. I did cut off a couple of times but i blame that on my my puck style clutch! :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
20vvillian
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing