Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just can't get enough of the recent materials on the History Channel ? Don't miss the Blind's Man Bluff episode tonight.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Agreed, anyone remember a discovery program called "Beyond 2000" that used to run like 6 years ago?

I watch the history channel (aka WW2 channel) all the time.... :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
History channel is the greatest channel ever!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
I thought the 'barbarians' week was below average for them though....

Ever see the documentaries: "War of the century" and "Blood upon the snow" ??
Simply Awesome!!! "SS" was also a recent good one.

This stuff should be required viewing for all Highschool students.

(Hey, remember when TLC also made good documentaries?? ya know.. before they became the home decorating network?)

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
vuvision said:
Just can't get enough of the recent materials on the History Channel ? Don't miss the Blind's Man Bluff episode tonight.
I saw that last night. That was crazy. I like how they found the secret Soviet telephone cable underwater. For those who don't know the story, the Americans were speculating that there was a secret cable along the bottom of the ocean from one Soviet base to another. But how do you find a six inch diameter cable under thousands of square miles?

An American general or captain said when he was a kid, he remembered seeing signs in the Mississippi river saying "Do not achor here. Telephone cable underneath" so that idiots wouldn't anchor there. He rationalized that there are idiots everywhere and the Soviets must have the same sign. They sent their spy sub to look for this sign. Lo and behold, they found the exact sign except in Russian. They tapped the line and recorded all the conversations without the Russians knowing about it. This operation was so secret that Congress didn't even know about it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I like the History Channel but I'm hooked on A&E and Court TV. Forensic Files, Cold Case Files, American Justice, City Confidential, etc...

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
Lately the History Channel has been a bible buff mecca. Maybe it has to do with the Mel Gibson movie coming out, but give me a break. Just check out this coming saturday's lineup. However, most of the various mini-series they've done over the past year or so have been excellent. TLC's lost it's edge , however they've mastered the art of taking good British shows and turning them to crap. Seems like the best shows are on the channels that are much more specialty oriented right now, like D-Wings, D-Science, and D-H&L (check out "a car/bike is reborn" !). Speed.. feh, I'm not going to watch it just so I can see a quick 20 minute snippet on Paris-Dakkar during an 8 hour block of various stock car coverage.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
This operation was so secret that Congress didn't even know about it.
Well, they did want to keep it a secret, right? Of course you couldn't tell Congress.

·
0 Posts
Altair 4 said:
This operation was so secret that Congress didn't even know about it.
Well, they did want to keep it a secret, right? Of course you couldn't tell Congress.
haha :lol: , Your right had they told congress there would have been CNN special!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
sentraSR20 said:
Agreed, anyone remember a discovery program called "Beyond 2000" that used to run like 6 years ago?

I watch the history channel (aka WW2 channel) all the time.... :)
Yeah, that show was great. I was addicted to it when I was in middle school. The history channel is great too. I think my favorite new shows are Myth Busters and The Apprentice though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts