Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finnally about to start doing my install, and have a question. I am planning on installing an audio control Overdrive up in th efront of the car. I want to put in the space unsder the passenger side carpet which would normally house the TCU but since my car is a manual tranny that space is empty.

My question is how much heat will be generated by the overdrive and will it be safe to mount it there or will I have to find a way to stuff it in the dash?

Pete

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Bmpassat said:
I am finnally about to start doing my install, and have a question. I am planning on installing an audio control Overdrive up in th efront of the car. I want to put in the space unsder the passenger side carpet which would normally house the TCU but since my car is a manual tranny that space is empty.

My question is how much heat will be generated by the overdrive and will it be safe to mount it there or will I have to find a way to stuff it in the dash?

Pete

A) It will be fine in that compartment.
B) It's a waste of money.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
paul I would probably agree with it being a waste of money but I already have it and want to use it.

Pete

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Airflow is the main reason I asked. If I don't use it, my install will be a little simpler. I will use it If I feel the need after my stuff is installed.

Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a Audio Control 4.1 preamp/eq, absolutely loved it as it greatly enhanced my soundstage clarity due to its 14 volt(max) output (I think) , however newer HU's have much higher output voltage these days and I am not using mine in my current install (Eclipse CD3434-8V outs), so actually , anyone intrested in a used 4.1 cheap?? lol

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that my kenwood is dead I will not be using it all. I am putting in an Alpine 9835 as soon as funds allow it. My kenwood is a 4 yr old excelon 815 decided it doesn't like staying on, I checked all wiring cleaned the contacts on the faceplate and the HU and still nohing luckily it stayed on long enough to let me get my cd out of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.