Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of booking my Hawaii trip through expedia.com. I tried working with a real travel agent but found at least this one wasn't very good. I'm thinking of booking with expedia since the prices appear to be very good. The only thing I don't like is having to pay for the whole trip now instead of closer to the time we actually leave. Has anybody booked a trip with expedia? Any problems?

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
For the past 3 yrs, we've used expedia exclusively to book all our flights & vacation packages. Friendly GUI & intuitively laid out pages. Highly recommended :thumbup:

·
Registered
471 Posts
I booked a 6 night trip to Cancun about a week back...Also a buddy of mine booked his Honeymoon on Expedia and no issues with the trip whatsoever. I say go for it!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Last year, I booked a 5 week european vacation for 3 mostly via expedia. I probably made reservations at 10 different hotels/hostels and didnt have a problem at any one of them.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Expedia is fine, unless they screw it up. they have done that to me, sending duplicate tickets, which I had to pay for. It take them 1 day to charge you for a ticket, but 90 to refund you.

I'd go directly to Hawaii airlines website, and look for a "specials". Pretty good deals to be had there, especially if you can fly on a Tuesday (the cheapest day). find the rate you like then call them.

jetblue, and aloha airlines also have good rates to the islands...

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Expedia has been great for me. Just booked a trip to Orlando for my daughters spring break. Hotels were much cheaper through them. Saved 25% on the same hotel versus other travel booking websites. Highly recommended the last few years I have used it.

·
Loose female member
4,885 Posts
We have been using expedia for a few years now.
Good deals and pretty good service, I would recomend it.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually I got pretty frustrated with those hawaiin air and aloha air websites. They have these special rates, but I tried multiple dates and could never get the good rate(even tuesday). I have found united, believe it or not has some of the cheapest prices to the big island from phoenix. Only one stop in LAX too. That is what expedia comes up with as well. I think I am going to go for it, but I feel bad having this travel agent lady look for a bunch of dates for me and then use expedia. It's kind of her fault cause I told her my dates were flexible and she quotes me a price for dates less than 60 days out that cost about $500 more than if she would have booked it about a week later. Travel agents are supposed to know this stuff :crazy:

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Never used any of these sites but I now know from reading all these replies that Expedia isn't to bad. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Just plane tickets. Happened to be cheaper than buying directly from the airline. Expedia did not do a good job with the seat assignments. We were to be assigned seats upon check-in even though I called the airline that same day and got assigned seats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
13 Participants
jtpassat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing