Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've just bought a 2015 Passat Limited NMS and have learned through this forum that many features are disabled from the factory. I want to enable the rain sensing wipers, convenience windows, and any other cool tricks you can do using the Ross Tech cable and software. I was wondering before forking out $250 if anyone was near the Killeen/Fort Hood area that could help me out? I'll pay!

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,586 Posts
You may want to check but I don't know if the rain sensors work even if programmed. At least in my 14 sel premium they didn't. Windows worked though.

·
Registered
281 Posts
First question is, is there a sensor built into the rear view mirror base on the windshield? If not you will not be able to activate the wipers without expensive additions or modifications.
The LIMITED Edition of the Passat is just above the " S " model which have many features not available even using a VCDS (Ross Tech) cable.
I have a 2015 TDI Premium (Highline) model and was able to activate almost any features I found available to do with the VCDS cable. But having said that some just won't be possible on your model Passat! Not all Passat's are created equal !
I suggest you do some more research on Google for your model Passat and what can be done if any.
Check this Google search !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts