Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11443 fawnbridge dr
hagerstown ,md ,21742

i bought a cd player from this shop and he finaly got back to me and says if i come by he will switch it out for me or i can ship it to him and he will send it to the manu for repair...if possible can i ship it to you and you to this shop and switch it for me and ship it back? i dont know what i will do to compensate you. i have been contacting this guy for weeks and he just got back to me and i dont want to be without an hu for 4-6 weeks because this guy is busy.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Sorry Bro, I'm not near Hagerstown! You might want to try the National Capital Area Region thread on VWVortex. I know we dubbers look out for one another, so why can't you directly ship this item to the repair facility?

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
because that could take weeks,and he didnt give me that option... he said if i bring it to him he will exchange on the spot. Eclipse said to call their 800 number to see if i can work out something with the dealer but i think that this qualifies. i just dont want to be without and hu for weeks when i could ship it to a cb5er and get it back to me in a few days

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
FYI, that address is in a townhome, housing development area and could not be a retail / commercial shop. It doesn't make sense that he will not ship you one once he receives yours if you pay for shipping both ways which you will do with what you are proposing in this thread. A search on Eclipse's web site has no dealers in Hagerstown, MD. Is this guy a factory authorized dealer? Eclipse lists only 2 authorized internet dealers and neither have stores in the Hagerstown or surrounding area. I will drive by the address today on my way to play golf. Something smells. Also, why don't you try an Eclipse dealer near you and see what they say.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am gonna try one today....i have one within a few minutes of me....eclipse told me to call them to see what they can work out with a dealer for the return,,,but eclipse said to take it back to where i got it from

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Im close to Hagerstown....but Im not sure Im following what you want.....so he says it has to be in person? Why wont he ship it back to you as soon as he receives the headunit?

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ha..i didnt notice you were in MD...i want to send my hu to a cb5er and have him/her go to this guy a switch it on the spot then send the new one back to me...i of course will cover all shipping/gas/lunch..whatever fees you compile. he hasnt said why he wont just ship it when mine gets here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts