Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the PCV system on 01' V6 Passat.

It's been pieced together by the previous owner and it doesn't appear that they ever replaced all the parts and what they did replace isn't right so I ordered the complete kit and will be doing it today.

Anything I need to be aware of when doing it?

Thanks
jj

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked and looked and I can't find any step by step

I'm hoping it's going to be pretty straight forward. I bought the entire replacement kit from ECS Tuning. They were between 30-50 dollars less than anyone I looked at.

I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks cousinmark.

I just got back from doing the swap. I did use the search tool but maybe I was entering the wrong info.

The link you supplied was exactly correct on the process and the couple of replies were right on. I didn't see your link till after I finished but winged it and it was a bit of a pain with the factory 1 use clamps and getting to the lower hose to remove and replace but it's all back together and running :)

Thanks again
jj

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On a side note...

It would be a good idea to replace all the hard plastic and rubber hoses/lines related to this area and beyond while your in there. The more I poked around the more I noticed the various vacuum lines were toast and actually broke.

Replaced most with just the rubber hoses as apposed to buying new plastic lines..In the next week I plan to replace all of them.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far so good on everything :)

The car noticeably is leaking much less oil now and there's not as much smoke coming from the engine after driving. I wiped down the underneath where the oil was dripping and so far there is only a little new oil.

I'm assuming the breathing system had been clogged for some time so I'm expecting to still have to do the common seals but hopefully this will buy me until Summer to do it.
it.

I forgot to add that it's easier to remove the black air filter assembly that attaches to the throttle body to ease the removal/replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts