Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anybody had any rubbing issues. I haven't bought either yet, but was about to get some springs. I was hoping to get 18" rims as well sometime in the future. Any pics of a 1.75" drop w/ 18" rims would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
depends on the offset of the wheels. In the front you can probably go to about et32 and be ok, but it's cutting it close (you'll definitely need stiffer shocks), in the back, you can go to something like et25 or et20.

here are two examples of 18s+HR sports (et35)

V6 + SSR Competitions with 225/40-18 - no rubbing

V6 4 motion + BBS CH's with 235/40-18 no rubbing, but very close (et35)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Spanky,

Did you need any dampers or brushings or anything else besides

H&R sports springs and Billstein shocks?

This is my first time dealing with shocks and springs and the options seem pretty numerous!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Thanks Julian, that means alot coming from you!
I'm going to do a write up with Before and After Pictures with 8mm and 20mm spacers, Look for it soon!

Matt- Nothing else is needed. The parts that come in the little boxes that UPS drops off is all you'll require! (parts wise) The only "advice" I can give you is don't pay to notch the Billstiens (for the front). I did, and they are sitting on the stock notch. I could drop it a half an inch lower in the front, but I didn't want a rake job, I wanted as even as possible! But the H&R Sports and the Billstiens REALLY do go hand in hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Spanky McGee
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing