Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in AZ, no need for the adblue heater, but I think I might have to be in for $1k if the car shuts down automatically.

Error Code P202

Let me know if there is an easy fix/bypass, I saw there might be a cheat code that let's you reduce the sensitivity of the diagnostic/Temp sensor or something, but couldn't track it back all the way to the source.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grumbling is right.

BTW I went to VW dealer (not my regular one ;) ) to ask about it and the service guy said that he has never seen a car not start because of this issue P205B code, and that he suggested I wait until the court ruling is firm before trying to fix it (HUGE caveat here.... I live in Phoenix so the DEF freezing issue is no issue for me). If I can live the CEL, I'm, good to drive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
had the same issue on mine. Luckily I was about 500 miles before going out of warranty and the dealership fixed it for free. Based on what I read, I think it has to get down to 2 degrees F to be an issue so I was not planning on fixing it if it wasn't under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.