Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have plans for their next new (actual) or 'new' (used) cars?

Hopefully to just go with their Passat's..

My VW (and Chevy and *puke* honda) will be getting a nice 'stable'mate within the next month or so

Who else is going to be getting a new/project car?

What is it going to be? (or you can try to make us guess if you'd like :lol: )

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'm happy with the Passat but wife is screaming for a minivan so I guess that's what I got to buy next. Probably a Chrysler Town&Country or Honda Odyssey. Passat will stay, there's no way I would let it go. :)

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
I had a '91 240SX in the back of my head, but I think I'm gonna wait till I finish up college and then splurge on something. :wink:

RX-8? Hmmm...

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Focus SVT 4-dr on Tuesday...bye bye Passat...it will be greatly missed.

·
Confused
3,564 Posts
We're thinking of getting rid of our 330i and dodge caravan for a volvo v70r.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Been thinking about selling both the B5 and the Land Rover for a xxxxxxx or sell the B5 for a xxxxxx xxx.

Wife just got an '04 so I'm holding off as long as I can unless I get lucky. :lol:

But I don't like to make monthly payments again. :sad:

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think I'm gonna "tweak" my 2000 4Motion Variant to give me that feel of a new car.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I just purchased a '92 Mazda Miata. It will be my weekend fun car, and for occasional autoX duty (already got a set of wheels, shocks, springs, and a roll bar for it).

Back in Nov got a '92 Civic hatch (already has rotas w/ Azenis tires, JDM front end, and JIC SF-1 coilovers). Either that, or my existing '89 CRX (has a Fluidyne radiator, Greddy catback, stripped interior, and a wonderful blown head gasket on the stock motor) will be my race car. It all depends on which car my mechanic thinks is in better condition. I may have to buy another shell if both cars are junk. The race car will be for roadrace, and some autoX. The other non-race car will be my DD/beater.

all 3 cars cost me $10k, so it's not too bad. They are all really fun to drive :D !

I certainly don't want another car, but I may have to get a car trailer pretty soon or even a cheap tow vehicle within the year.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
waGner said:
I'm happy with the Passat but wife is screaming for a minivan so I guess that's what I got to buy next. Probably a Chrysler Town&Country or Honda Odyssey. Passat will stay, there's no way I would let it go. :)
I would deffinitely put a Toyota Sienna on your list also.

As for me, I am hoping to graduate this November. So depending on how soon I can get a job, I see a Subie Legacy GT Wagon in my future.

-Nick

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
pacent said:
My gf's parents have been looking at a sienna as well...but those things fully loaded run over 41k!!!
Thay may be true, but a very nicely equipt Sienna can be had for mid to high $20's

And when you compare it to an Lexus RX330, its an amazing deal.

I have ridden in both, a fully loaded Sienna, and a RX330. I can tell you if Lexus wanted a minivan, all they would have to do is slap there emblem on a Sienna.

Intrior fit and finish, interior sound level, comfort, all are at Lexus level.

Think of it as a Lexus RX330 with a real 3rd row seat. Just about everything available on the RX, is available on the Sienna, including Hid's, AWD, heated seats, laser cruise control, heated mirrors, front and rear parking assist, navigation, rear seat dvd entertainment ect...

My dad bought his Sienna LE , with a $2800 option package that included:
Trip Computer/Homelink, Power Right Side Passenger Sliding Door, Rear Seat Audio, Vehicle Skid Control with Trac and Brake Assist, Rear Disc Brakes, tire pressure monitor, Windshield Wiper De-icer, Daytime Running Lights, Driver & Front Passenger Side Bolster Airbag, All 3 Row Side Curtain Airbag, P215/65R16 tires with 16-inch Alloy Wheels.

$27,695 not bad.

-Nick

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
24 Participants
sentraSR20
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing