Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share, I went to the Linkin Park Meteora Tour at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont IL.

The Lineup was Story of the Year, Hoobastank, P.O.D., and of course Linkin Park.

Some highlights, I didn't care to much for story of the year, but the second to last song the played was a cover of Enter SandMan by Metallica. After seeing Metallica this summer, they deffinatly rocked it better then Story did, but still quite entertaining. My rating: C (only becuase of Enter SandMan, otherwise it would of been a D)

Hoobastank, was alright, biggest issue was that there was no one singin backup vocals. So the lead singers vocals sounded very "thin", he also may have just been having a "off" night, but he wasn't able to hit all of his parts. Over all sorta dissapointing, mabey a C+

P.O.D. was much better, they were together musically, and the over all sound was good. "Set it off", "alive", and "boom" were all excellent, they had the Arena shaking. And near the end the played "SouthTown" a cut off there first album, again excellent. A-

Finally Linkin Park came on the stage, all I can say is wow :shock: . They completely blew me away with there performance. They were so together as a band, it was nuts. Mike Shinoda, and Chester, were going back and forth on lyrics and not missing a beat. Mike played guitar for a couple songs, and played a grand pianno on two other songs. Chester also played guitar on one song. Drums, bass, guitar, and Mr. Hahn their DJ, were just totally on the ball. Mike came out into the crowd for two songs to sing, as did Chester.

And for there finale, they played Papercut, and near the end the lead singers from Story of the year, Hoobastank, and P.O.D. all came out and helped them finish it out.

My rating of LP, is an A+. Truley an awesome concert.

-Nick

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I have seen them twice in concert and each time I have walked out totally feeling like I have gotten my monies worth...I still have each of their cds in my changer to this day....even the remix album. They aren't like some polished pop band that really doesnt sound anything onstage like they do in the album, if anything they sound better in concert.. :)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Z28Driver said:
I have seen them twice in concert and each time I have walked out totally feeling like I have gotten my monies worth...I still have each of their cds in my changer to this day....even the remix album. They aren't like some polished pop band that really doesnt sound anything onstage like they do in the album, if anything they sound better in concert.. :)
I agree I have all CD's on an almost constand play on my computer at home, and have all but burnt holes in them.

I also agree, they sound amazing live. Anything they put on there CD, they can recreate in the live setting.

-Nick

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Thats so rad! Im waiting to see them at the end of Feb here in TN! I got my panties all up in a bunch with anticipation! :nervous:

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Haven't seen a live show, but I would like to. They are a good band. Very solid. Produce everytime a CD comes out. And this is coming from a SPEED METAL FAN!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Hey my sister and her friends were there, they said it was great :thumbup:

Was it cold in there? Nighttime + winter + record lows ?= :(

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kiyoshi said:
Hey my sister and her friends were there, they said it was great :thumbup:

Was it cold in there? Nighttime + winter + record lows ?= :(
Inside it wasn't cold at all. With all those people in there, it was down right hot near the stage.

-Nick

·
Registered
897 Posts
i saw them in LI and they rocked!! it was with cypresshill. but it was about almost 2 years ago.i want to go this year .we will se what happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
991.8t
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing