Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Any Interest in Foliatec GB???

11K views 133 replies 25 participants last post by  chrome007 
#1 ·
First, it is the full Foliatec brake caliper kit meaning, paint, hardener, brush and brake cleaner (spray form I believe). Also due to the fluctuations between Canadian and US. currency the price has changed..... it is now $24 US.

The vendor is NOT willing to take all individual orders so I'll have to BULK order the shipment and take delivery. Once delivered to me (AND I HAVE RECEIVED YOUR PAYMENT) expect a next day turnaround for me to ship it to you folks individually by 2 day priority mail.....

Ok so here are the guidelines... Please email me your CORRECT name, address, color of paint and number of kits. my email addy is juschillin1_8t@hotmail.com It is IMPERATIVE that you email me by Monday April 29th, with the information requested. If you fail to email me I will take it that you're no longer interested.... No email, you will NOT be included.

On Monday afternoon April 29th I will place the order. It will take roughly 5-7 business days for them to fill the order. I should have the Foliatec in my hands by May 8th-10th.

Payment: I am going to prepay for the bulk delivery of the Foliatec... I will accept payment via money order or paypal. Once I have your shipping address I will be able to calculate the TOTAL cost from me to you.

Once I calculate the total number of people plus shipping fees I will email you all individually and tell you your total. I will expect payment by the following Monday May 6th. No payment, no kit... I will furnish everyone with my home address by email.

NOTE: Keep in mind that I'm having it Bulk shipped to me. Therefore it is only fair that we all incur the cost. I will divide the cost of shipping between all CONFIRMED participants.

Example: 20 units from Canada to me is $40 US. that would be $2 per confirmed participant. I also calculated a 2lb. package UPS 2 day priority from my zip code 21133, Baltimore, MD. to Hayward, Ca. 94542 and it came to $4.35. (Haywood is the furthest zip code I could remember) so all told that person would be looking at $31 US. to your door. I've contacted several other sources and the prices have been between $40-$50 dollars + shipping so I think this is a great price. .

No muss, no fuss... so lets get this party started....

Sample of colors offered...

***UPDATE Sunday 04/28/02*** 08:30 EST

***UPDATE: I have pushed this out until Tuesday April 30th because I realize that most folks access clubb5 from their job.****

As of now I have received group buy requests from the following people, thanx guys for reading, and following the simple instructions...

Jeff Wilson - 1 kit (red)
Steve Su - 1 kit (black)
Jeff Nabozny - 3 kits (red, silver, blue)
Chris Herman - 3 kits (red, yellow, silver)
Gianno Izzo - 1 kit (black)
Dave Mak - 1 kit (silver)
Jesse Hustad - 1 kit (silver)
James Wie - 1 kit (red)
Joseph Mickolyzck - 1 kit (blue)
Sheku Kamara - 1 kit (red)

Thanx All,
Mike

<![CDATA[First, it is the full Foliatec brake caliper kit meaning, paint, hardener, brush and brake cleaner (spray form I believe). Also due to the fluctuations between Canadian and US. currency the price has changed..... it is now $24 US.

The vendor is NOT willing to take all individual orders so I'll have to BULK order the shipment and take delivery. Once delivered to me (AND I HAVE RECEIVED YOUR PAYMENT) expect a next day turnaround for me to ship it to you folks individually by 2 day priority mail.....

Ok so here are the guidelines... Please email me your CORRECT name, address, color of paint and number of kits. my email addy is juschillin1_8t@hotmail.com It is IMPERATIVE that you email me by Monday April 29th, with the information requested. If you fail to email me I will take it that you're no longer interested.... No email, you will NOT be included.

On Monday afternoon April 29th I will place the order. It will take roughly 5-7 business days for them to fill the order. I should have the Foliatec in my hands by May 8th-10th.

Payment: I am going to prepay for the bulk delivery of the Foliatec... I will accept payment via money order or paypal. Once I have your shipping address I will be able to calculate the TOTAL cost from me to you.

Once I calculate the total number of people plus shipping fees I will email you all individually and tell you your total. I will expect payment by the following Monday May 6th. No payment, no kit... I will furnish everyone with my home address by email.

NOTE: Keep in mind that I'm having it Bulk shipped to me. Therefore it is only fair that we all incur the cost. I will divide the cost of shipping between all CONFIRMED participants.

Example: 20 units from Canada to me is $40 US. that would be $2 per confirmed participant. I also calculated a 2lb. package UPS 2 day priority from my zip code 21133, Baltimore, MD. to Hayward, Ca. 94542 and it came to $4.35. (Haywood is the furthest zip code I could remember) so all told that person would be looking at $31 US. to your door. I've contacted several other sources and the prices have been between $40-$50 dollars + shipping so I think this is a great price. .

***UPDATE: I have pushed this out until Tuesday April 30th because I realize that most folks access clubb5 from their job.****

As of now I have received group buy requests from the following people, thanx guys for reading, and following the simple instructions...

Steve Su - 1 kit (black)
James Wie - 1 kit (red)

Thanx All,
Mike

[Modified by Juschillin1.8T, 8:18 AM 4/29/2002]

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Any Interest in Foliatec GB??? (Juschillin1.8T)

I'm interested in a red kit....

*edit* Scotaku reminded me, can your source get Mintex as well? Combo GB?

<![CDATA[I'm interested in a red kit....

*edit* Scotaku reminded me, can your source get Mintex as well? Combo GB?

[Modified by jwil, 3:09 PM 4/24/2002]

#5 ·
Re: Any Interest in Foliatec GB??? (Scotaku)

LMAO@ Scotaku.... aiight, aiight I get the message.

Folks the people that I inquired from are based in Canada. http://www.c1vw.com Honestly I don't know what else they carry as I stumbled unto them when I did a google search for Foliatec.

jtpassat I'm in the same boat as you. I'd like to get this going ASAP so that I can paint and swap out the rotors/pads at the same time. So once I get 10+ confirmed it's off to the races...

<![CDATA[LMAO@ Scotaku.... aiight, aiight I get the message.

Folks the people that I inquired from are based in Canada. http://www.c1vw.com Honestly I don't know what else they carry as I stumbled unto them when I did a google search for Foliatec.

jtpassat I'm in the same boat as you. I'd like to get this going ASAP so that I can paint and swap out the rotors/pads at the same time. So once I get 10+ confirmed it's off to the races...

[Modified by Juschillin1.8T, 8:44 AM 4/26/2002]

#11 ·

Put me down. I would like to know for sure what colors are available though. Anyone know off the top of their head? My buddy wants two probably. He'll know for sure in a few days.

<![CDATA[Put me down. I would like to know for sure what colors are available though. Anyone know off the top of their head? My buddy wants two probably. He'll know for sure in a few days.

[Modified by Urlik, 2:08 PM 4/25/2002]

#12 ·

I'm in... probably for 2 kits (red)... I also got in on the GB, and want to do the rotors as well B4 they go on the car.

So technically I should count for 2.

Just to be sure. This is the 2-part laquor brush on system, that comes with a can of cleaner (just to be sure I'm comparing apples to apples). If it is, this is a great price.

#15 ·

I'm in for black. Do this kit have enough paint for all calipers( 4 )?.

<![CDATA[I'm in for black. Do this kit have enough paint for all calipers( 4 )?.

[Modified by Ricardo, 7:06 PM 4/25/2002]

#17 ·
Re: Any Interest in Foliatec GB??? (orlangba)

Wow... I've been away a couple of days and Bingo we've more then the 10 interested parties... That's GREAT...

First, it is the full Foliatec brake caliper kit meaning, paint, hardener, brush and brake cleaner (spray form I believe). Also due to the fluctuations between Canadian and US. currency the price has changed..... it is now $24 US.

Ok so here are the guidelines... Please email me your CORRECT name, address, color of paint and number of kits. my email addy is juschillin1_8t@hotmail.com It is IMPERATIVE that you email me by Monday April 29th. with the information requested. If you fail to email me I will take it that you're no longer interested.... No email, you will NOT be included.

Example: 20 units from Canada to me is $40 US. that would be $2 per confirmed participant. I also calculated a 2lb. package UPS 2 day priority from my zip code 21133, Baltimore, MD. to Hayward, Ca. 94542 and it came to $4.35. (Haywood is the furthest zip code I could remember)
so all told that person would be looking at $31 US. to your door. I've contacted several other sources and the prices have been between $40-$50 dollars + shipping so I think this is a great price. .

<![CDATA[Wow... I've been away a couple of days and Bingo we've more then the 10 interested parties... That's GREAT...

Ok so here are the guidelines... Please email me your CORRECT name, address, color of paint and number of kits. my email addy is juschillin1_8t@hotmail.com It is IMPERATIVE that you email me by Monday April 29th. with the information requested. If you fail to email me I will take it that you're no longer interested.... No email, you will NOT be included.

Example: 20 units from Canada to me is $40 US. that would be $2 per confirmed participant. I also calculated a 2lb. package UPS 2 day priority from my zip code 21133, Baltimore, MD. to Hayward, Ca. 94542 and it came to $4.35. (Haywood is the furthest zip code I could remember)
so all told that person would be looking at $31 US. to your door. I've contacted several other sources and the prices have been between $40-$50 dollars + shipping so I think this is a great price. .

[Modified by Juschillin1.8T, 2:08 PM 4/26/2002]

#24 ·

im down, but when are we getting these... like alot of you.. i'm in teh rotor gb but i would like to install then rotors asap... so i think it would be best if we all had the paint before we got the rotors in ... or soemtime really close to it?? jsut by opinion... and i know how gb's go.. so i'll understand if this doesnt happen... but it would be nice.. eheh :D

#26 ·
Re: Any Interest in Foliatec GB??? (gufi21)

Steve Su - 1 kit (black)
James Wie - 1 kit (red)

Please email me your requests. If I don't receive an email I will NOT include you in this group buy. I have to OUTLAY my money to make this group buy happen, so I want emails to confirm your participation. I will only use this forum for updates . Also since I forgot that most people access the boards from their jobs I am going to hold off on the order until Tuesday afternoon April 30th.

Keep those emails coming

Mike

<![CDATA[ ***UPDATE Sunday 04/28/02*** 08:30 EST

Steve Su - 1 kit (black)
James Wie - 1 kit (red)

Please email me your requests. If I don't receive an email I will NOT include you in this group buy. I have to OUTLAY my money to make this group buy happen, so I want emails to confirm your participation. I will only use this forum for updates . Also since I forgot that most people access the boards from their jobs I am going to hold off on the order until Tuesday afternoon April 30th.

Keep those emails coming

Mike

[Modified by Juschillin1.8T, 8:19 AM 4/29/2002]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.