Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys and gals,

Is there any difference between driver's and passenger's seat covers? Recently my driver's side bottom seat cover got a small tear in it. I'm looking into replacements and am having a hard time finding grey driver's seats period (never mind in good condition). I'm wondering if I can't stretch a passenger's seat cover over the driver's side foam.

Just to make it clear this is the bottom seat cover not the backrest seat cover. While I may replace that too (the bolster is worn) it is obviously different than the passenger's side due to airbags.

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zak so you are saying the passenger side foam will work on the driver's side as long as there isn't heated seats? Do you know if I take the leather off and just move the leather if that would work? I do have heated seats.

· I had a steering knuckle in my shed. Really!
4,167 Posts
I've not done it with leather, but with cloth seats the upholstery and foam come off the frame as one. I don't imagine that leather seats are different, but again I don't have experience.

The issue with the heated seats is the electrical connection between the bottoms and the backs.

· Moderator/Administrator
26,118 Posts
Having pulled apart about 6 of them, the cushion and cover are interchangeable to either side

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.