Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who bowls? Whats your high? What kind of equipment do you use?

I have been bowling a lot lately. I havent really bowled since high school but Ive been doing pretty good. My new high is a 258. I average at a 189 though. All of my stuff was given to me by a friend. Ive got 3 different balls, a bag, and some shoes.

Im just vored and seeing if anyone else shares my interest!

Brian

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
I love bowling but I just don't get to bowl enough. I would be happy bowling once or twice a week, every week!

I bowl at 15.x lb Thunder Storm, Brunwick Zone (Classic) and I have an undrilled Brunswick Raging Red Fuse. The Fuse is my only new ball, all the others have been redrilled 2x or 3x.

My high is a fluke - 279. All strikes and 1 open! :mad:
I average 150 - 165 I guess if I bowl once in a while. 185 or so if I do it at least twice a month.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Every monday night we go out for Quarter bowling at the Powerdrome in Cherry Hill, NJ. I make no claims as to having any skill, but it's fun we have a few beers and relax after that first day back to work for the week. I think my highest ever was a 160, I usually bowl around 120

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Now is that Quarter bowling as in $0.25 a game? :cry: Bowling is as much as $4.50 in CA. Cheapest place I can bowl at is Linbrook Lanes $1.50 on Tuesday nights.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I love to bowl!! I'm not too great, I average around 140-150 depending on how often I go (which has been over a month ago :cry: )

My ball is a Brunswick Zone, drilled fingertip, and some Dexter shoes.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
It's usually a $5.00 cover, plus another $1.00 for shoes, then $0.25 per game per person. We usually play 3 games, so it comes to about $13.50 a couple. Plus they have a bar and food.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i love bowling, and always have since i was wee small. My high was a 279 as well. My average is about 185-195 if im drinking, and about 225 if im playing for something. I only use an alley ball, 14-16lbs. NO curve, No hook, just straight fast power.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I used to bowl on my 2hr lunch in college, everyday during the week. My high was only around 250 though. My avg was about 190.

I just started up again and bowled three games on Sat night that were all just over 200. But mostly my avg has been around 160. Need to practice.

LOTS of hook!!! With a 14lb ball. When I can't hook if my life depended on it(when drunk) I use a custom 18lb with all four fingers... :roll:

·
Banned
2,107 Posts
i go bowling every week...best score was 237...just bowled 202 on tuesday :thumbup:

i dont have an average...because one game i'll bowl a 190...then the next a 130...and then the next a 150....i can never find my average area :crazy:

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Used to bowl pretty regularly, 3-4 times per week and on 2 leagues. Don't anymore. My high was a 289. All strikes up until 10th frame got a strike then 9 and spared.

Average around a 185 usually. I use an Ebonite Hammer along with an ebonite urethane compound no-namer. Also have a Columbia 300 plastic for the real dry lanes and an old school 5 star Earl Anthony ball my dad gave me a long time ago. All are 16 lb.'ers.

Last time I bowled was around Xmas time with my daughter.

I just hate paying $4.50 per game at most places around here. That is just way too much. I used to pay $1 per game. Those were the days.

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
I just went bowling last night. $7.95 per game per person, not including shoes! My highest score was 89 and my lowest score was 52. :oops: My score went progressively worse with the more beer I drank. :D

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow. I usually only have to pay $1.00 or $1.50 per game if that. My lanes usually run all night specials like......9-12 all you can throw, incl. shoes for 10 bucks!!!

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
hoypinoy1234 said:
I just went bowling last night. $7.95 per game per person, not including shoes! My highest score was 89 and my lowest score was 52. :oops: My score went progressively worse with the more beer I drank. :D
Not really worth the $7.95 per game for a score like that. :poke:

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
hoypinoy1234 said:
Don't be a MUNSON!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Went this weekend, and bowled a 178 twice...the other game..well...I don't want to talk about.. :cry:

btw, I only pay $2.75/game on weekends..$2.25/game weekdays. $1.50 for shoes.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Went bowling this afternoon with my daughter. The following pic is what I bowled my second game after a 202. :D

Hopefully you can see it, it was taken with my new camera phone that I haven't figured out how to take good pictures with yet. Probably won'tbe able to make our the frames but I had a 9 spare in both Frames 1 and 2 and then 10 straight strikes. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
15 Participants
tdredi
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing