Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, please post what ya' got and any dyno and 1/4 mile times that you may have.

Probobly going big turbo soon and want to know what kind of performance/hp to expect differnt turbos.

Thanks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spanky McGee said:
Noone here has any numbers to go with their big turbo upgrades.

That will change soon though. Trust me. :wink:
Aside from numbers, I just want to know what people are running and how they are tuning it, since custom software is not available.

Most of the talk on vwvortex reagrding tuning is for DBW cars that utilize a MAP sensor. I'm nDBW and don't have a MAF sensor. In essence, I want to get an idea of how the nDBW people are tuning for bigger turbos and how they are running.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Passat_B5, I am in the same camp as you, except that I have the DBW. I have been trying to determine how to control some of these very same things. I like Garrett's setup, but I think there is a lot more that can be done with it.

I wish someone made a plug and play stand alone, like the AEM EMS specific for our cars. Oh well, one day I will jump in and make the decision, but I am pretty sure the turbo will be a GT28, just not sure which one.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
as far as I know a B5 in NY with a custom ATP kit is the fastest B5 that I know of....it ran somewhere in the 12s....still a snoozer by drag race standards but I suppose its fast for what it is

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Passat_B5 said:
Spanky McGee said:
Noone here has any numbers to go with their big turbo upgrades.

That will change soon though. Trust me. :wink:
Aside from numbers, I just want to know what people are running and how they are tuning it, since custom software is not available.

Most of the talk on vwvortex reagrding tuning is for DBW cars that utilize a MAP sensor. I'm nDBW and don't have a MAF sensor. In essence, I want to get an idea of how the nDBW people are tuning for bigger turbos and how they are running.
define big turbo? ATP stage 2, APR stage 3 come with good software.

The cable throttle cars do have a MAF sensor, so does DBW. anyone running DBW without a MAF and using the charge pressure sensor (not a true MAP sensor) as a fallback is not getting the best calibration, there is more to it than WOT on a dyno or down the strip for a street car IMHO.

look into a piggyback setup like something from split-second or perfect power, these give 3-d fuel and timing control, you can use rpm and TPS, rpm and MAF, rpm and external MAP, etc. to modify the MAF signal.

the stock car/ECU uses MAF and rpm as lookups for fuel and timing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
scotty_passat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing