Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought an 2005 passat b6, enginecode BKP and i recently notice a loss of power afer certain rpm in gear 2 and 3. After 2200 rpm the care loses power for a moment and after that climbing slow in rpm. Does anyone know what might be the problem? I ve send the turbo to a refurbish service and they said is ok and perform a cleaning on it.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Check your N75 valve for operation and leaks, and your diverter valve which is electrically operated, unlike the B5s which operated using differential pressure. will check back in a day

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check your N75 valve for operation and leaks, and your diverter valve which is electrically operated, unlike the B5s which operated using differential pressure. will check back in a day
Can i test it for operation with vcds?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
the N75 is a solenoid valve, it uses an electrical signal generated by the ECU to open and close. It takes a small amount of compressed air generated by the turbo and uses it to operate a diaphragm to open (control) the waste gate. The waste gate as it opens allows exhaust gases to generate more pressure and volume (boost). You can check or observe it on your VCDS for operation, or simply bench test it with 12vdc........but here lies the problem it could still draw current (showing that it is ON, but PHYSICALLY not be working ,(stuck shut). Best way to tell put a hose on and blow/suck through it, should be air tight until power is applied to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the N75 is a solenoid valve, it uses an electrical signal generated by the ECU to open and close. It takes a small amount of compressed air generated by the turbo and uses it to operate a diaphragm to open (control) the waste gate. The waste gate as it opens allows exhaust gases to generate more pressure and volume (boost). You can check or observe it on your VCDS for operation, or simply bench test it with 12vdc........but here lies the problem it could still draw current (showing that it is ON, but PHYSICALLY not be working ,(stuck shut). Best way to tell put a hose on and blow/suck through it, should be air tight until power is applied to it.
Where can i find this n75 valve?Can you provide me some pictures? I don t really have much experience working on cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to repair shop today because the
Code 16618/P0234 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Limit Exceeded don t show up anymore. The guy put the delphy tester and another one and no code showed up. He told me that i need to change my turbo. Should i still give it a go with the n75 valve?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts