Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, nice to meet you all there!!

I am originally from Hong Kong and am working in Tokyo right now. I have bought a '99 B5 variant 1.8T here and am enjoying it so far although there are some common problems with the front suspension (control arms...) Hope I could meet someone here who could help me to deal with the local garage here as my Japanese is not good enough to explain to those local Japanese engineer unless I go back to the official dealer (much more expensive..)

Cheers,

Antony

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
There are many, many people here who can help you with just about any question you may have. Welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
That is alright brother, everyone has to start somewhere. And I don't think I have ever seen that color on a Passat.

And I use Photobucket.com for pics.

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
Wow thats a different color i kinda like it, it gives the car an completely different look

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your comment!!

In fact this color is one of the original selection of colors for B5 Passat in Japan!! I like this color too as I have only seen this color on some of the Audi A3 Sportbacks.

I would purchase a full set of Meyle front control arms and would ask the official dealer to change them for me. They quote me JPY33,000 for the labour cost. Is it reasonable?? :rolleyes:

Thanks again!!

Antony

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
That is about 271.00 USD and sounds right to me. They had to do this for my mom and it cost her somewhere around that is I remember correctly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great!! Thanks a lot!!
Then I would have the set ordered from eBay and ask the dealer to get them done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha... is this original color available in US / Europe markets?

I would like to add front / side / back skirts to cover the black parts of the bottom too, is there something available in the market?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh... thanks a lot!!
then maybe the best place I should have a look for the kits is.... China..!! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Anthony,

There's a member on here from Japan who goes by the name Kokopelli. Perhaps he could help you out with the translation problem. I haven't seen him around in awhile, but you might be able to catch him with a PM or email.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Anthony,

There's a member on here from Japan who goes by the name Kokopelli. Perhaps he could help you out with the translation problem. I haven't seen him around in awhile, but you might be able to catch him with a PM or email.
S'what I said ... ;)

Welcome to the club Antony! There is an Osaka-based PWer kokopelli who has been active on the board - try PM-ing ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all for your warmest welcome and help!!

Now I am trying to get the original parts from Taiwan and China and I would have the original dealer to fix my Passat with those original parts..!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts