Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we walked around SLO yesterday and there were people all dresssed in black and holding signs and doves and stuff... we had no clue what was going on, us college kids we live in our little bubbles. So my uncles who are cops just emailed this to me...

http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2004/03/1685753.php

hehe both my uncles are in that pic, one's back is the to pic and the other is pushin someone. I had no clue it was that crazy back in SF. those weirdos. Haha, show what little I know cuz I'm stuck in this lil town :wink: Just thought it was an interesting picture.... and my uncles are in it! crazyness i tell you...people need to find something better to do with their lives

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Those crazy anti-war idiots! Loonies! WHy would anyone NOT want war or be bothered from the mundanity of life enough to protest? Whacko pinko scum :shock:

·
Super Moderator
14,051 Posts
Spirare said:
Those crazy anti-war idiots! Loonies! WHy would anyone NOT want war or be bothered from the mundanity of life enough to protest? Whacko pinko scum :shock:
They are just as bad as the other end of the spectrum that wants war over everything. I'm sure a majority of those that marched could never think of a reason why war would be justified. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Urlik said:
Spirare said:
They are just as bad as the other end of the spectrum that wants war over everything. I'm sure a majority of those that marched could never think of a reason why war would be justified. :crazy:
Well, I'd say that at least the pro-war ppl arn't causing a ruckus in public. Personally, I'm not a big fan of how the war was carried out, although that's a another can of worms I'd rather not get into right now.

What I don't find acceptable, is the protesters clooging up the streets and causing disorder for the sake of having their message heard. I think it's ok to protest all you like, as long as you do it in a civil manner w/out troubling others. The thousands of ppl who get stuck in traffic, or who get their property damaged or hurt as a result arn't going to be more sypathetic to your cause, regardless of the message.

If you want to protest, there's no reason not to get a permit and do it in a civil manner w/out troubling others. As profound of an issue you may find yourself protesting, it doesn't justify you troubling others who otherwise arn't involved.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
ronaldmcdonald said:
Urlik said:
Spirare said:
Well, I'd say that at least the pro-war ppl arn't causing a ruckus in public. Personally, I'm not a big fan of how the war was carried out, although that's a another can of worms I'd rather not get into right now.

What I don't find acceptable, is the protesters clooging up the streets and causing disorder for the sake of having their message heard. I think it's ok to protest all you like, as long as you do it in a civil manner w/out troubling others. The thousands of ppl who get stuck in traffic, or who get their property damaged or hurt as a result arn't going to be more sypathetic to your cause, regardless of the message.

If you want to protest, there's no reason not to get a permit and do it in a civil manner w/out troubling others. As profound of an issue you may find yourself protesting, it doesn't justify you troubling others who otherwise arn't involved.
Well said. A mob is a mob no matter what the cause.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
SpecialKDog1
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing