Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can pick up a couple anti rattle springs for the front brake pads? I seem to have lost mine at some point and when I looked for them at the dealer they only sell them as a kit with the brake pads for $100. Anyone have a spare set I can have if nothing else?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Whoa, I've never heard of Anti-Rattle Springs? Do you mean shims??

If so then you can purchase shims from any quality auto-parts store. Also, most newer replacement pads have shims built into the pads so you don't need them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll give em a buzz on monday.

Anti rattle springs basically hold the front brake pads rfom rattling, it just crosse the front of the caliper, you should be able to see it through alloy wheels.

Without it, your car sounds like it's falling apart when the windows are down.

·
Registered
675 Posts
They are probably just as cheap to buy from a dealer, since you don't have to pay the shipping.

The dealer that said you couldn't buy them separately is full of shit. :thumbdow:

Chris

·
Registered
835 Posts
ECS also has them ... http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi/?html=learnmore.html&productID=2340
I've concluded I need them for my ECS A8 2 piece front BBK (TT Carrier & stock Calipers with HP pads) I've just had installed.
Symptom is rattle when going over sharp bumps. If you slightly depress brake pedal when going over bumps then there's no rattle.
Searching thru VWVortex suggest these slips will do the trick - here's a pick of what they look like ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts