Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

My Enfig antenna broke off at the bottom threaded part. The threaded part is inside the base. Is there some way to remove it? If not, how can I remove the base to install another?

Thx.

:???:

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
If you can find a tiny EZ Out you could drill it and run it out that way .. I think the base replacement is a pain from what I have heard.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In a moment of stupidity, I tied a sheet a sheet rock to the top of my car. It wasn't secured as well as I thought so when I started driving, it slid back and broke the antenna.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
This reminds me of all the stories of people's wheel locks getting stripped.

I wonder if you could crazy glue something onto the threaded part that is stuck in the base, let it dry, and unscrew it out. But now that I think about it, there probably isn't a glue strong enough to do the job. It would probably all depend on how tight your antenna was originally screwed on.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Part is cheap , about £15 uk pounds provided its not got a GSM telephone or nav requirement. If you don't get a good connection FM reception will be terrible as the signal booster is in the base after this connection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts