Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw a riced out eclipse pull into his driveway, slowed down beeped and rev'd. he pulled out and we lined up on top of the hill, and i smoked the fuck out of him. 1.8t 5 spd for those that want to know :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Newbies.... :crazy: Keep the stories to your self... Most people dont appreciate them...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,574 Posts
Yeah these boards have a more sensible feel to them, more on the appreciation of the car, and the people then the mindless ass whoppings to other cars. BUT if you do like to post kill stories go to Club18T.com There kill stories are welcomed and most of the time encouraged, here frowned upon and usually locked. BUt seriously keep the racing to the track.

Edison
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
What the hell are you guys talking about we have post like these all the time! Hell there is one about pontiac floating around right now.

Some people dont like street racing and of course its not the smartest thing to do, but you dont know the conditions of the situation, like time of day when and where. So dont be so rough on the guy.

Unite "your either a lurker or a you dont visit very often you look like noob to!"

What we dont do, thats is done in other forums is critique people for how long they have or have not been a member, its irrelevant here. If he were in the classified selling BBS LM for $300.00 then i could understand you calling him out, but not for this.

All here have their own opinion, but if someone whats to post street action thats on them, be a real clubb5 bro and warn them of the dangers of street racing dont tell him to keep it to himself. Who is that going to help? :)

-steve
 

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
Joined
·
4,974 Posts
20vvillian said:
Some people dont like street racing and of course its not the smartest thing to do, but you dont know the conditions of the situation, like time of day when and where.
I don't think "the conditions of the situation, like time of day when and where" justify the risks to the innocent. Like the woman sitting at a bus stop at 2 AM on a deserted street that was killed by a street racer that lost control of his car. Or the man that was killed "legally" walking across a cross walk and was hit by a street racer. Or the girl that was walking "legally " towards traffic on the side of the road and is now a quardrapalegic because by the time the street racer saw her he had no time to react nor a place to go because he was in the wrong lane.

Or the 3 passengers in car that were killed when the car lost control steet racing and was split in 1/2 when it hit a cement pole.

These are just a few of *many* recent needless deaths in the are where I live all because the time of day and when and where were right?

Sorry I can't buy that .. its not going to bring back my neighbors son.

Keep it on the track where the proper safety precautions are excercised.
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
This is not the first or last post on street racing, and as far as i know they have not official banned! which was my point.

Sorry but the truth is people street race, first off let me clear something up "any one that races on residential streets is and idiot". Now on the other hand, late night or early morning long stretch of highway, if your sober and responsible i see no reason not to drop the hammer.

This is my personal opinion, im not preaching gospel, i dont do it everyday, but yes i have doubled the speed limit a few time and watched the needle bounce on the right side a few times!. I didnt hold a gearbox on my chest for nothing putting in my stage 2 clutch, or cut the skin of the back of my hand on a stripped bolt putting in sway bars just to have powder coated bars under my car.

Im chipped and dropped for a reason. I dont live on or near a track but, I do drive on an empty highway almost everyday, i behave when i can!

So i agree that racing in real streets is dangerous to everyone, pedestrians and other drivers a like. But i still feel that until its banned, no one should be attacked for posting street racing threads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,337 Posts
This is my 2 cents...if I'm on a freeway, highway, etc. etc. where the posted speed is 60+ and there are no pedestrians on the road and you want to push the speed, by all means, that's fine with me (I doubt many of us are obeying the posted speed limits anyway).

HOWEVER, driving around residential areas and beeping cars to race, or racing (driving) when you have 3-4 of your friends in your car is just plain stupid. If you kill yourself when racing, then tough shit, but don't take risk other lives with yours.
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
julianfang said:
This is my 2 cents...if I'm on a freeway, highway, etc. etc. where the posted speed is 60+ and there are no pedestrians on the road and you want to push the speed, by all means, that's fine with me (I doubt many of us are obeying the posted speed limits anyway).

HOWEVER, driving around residential areas and beeping cars to race, or racing (driving) when you have 3-4 of your friends in your car is just plain stupid. If you kill yourself when racing, then tough shit, but don't take risk other lives with yours.
Bravo! for the Truth.
 

·
Rogue Assassin
Joined
·
2,977 Posts
Spike2k said:
saw a riced out eclipse pull into his driveway, slowed down beeped and rev'd. he pulled out and we lined up on top of the hill, and i smoked the fuck out of him. 1.8t 5 spd for those that want to know :)
I'm all for cleaning up the gene pool. Keep that pedal to the metal, doooooooooood. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,874 Posts
Did you race for pink slips or was this for respect? :suspicio: Tell me... are you fast or are you furious? :suspicio: Afterwards, did you go back to him & say, "It doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Whiining is winning."

Hahaha....

I don't mind race stories.... as long as their good & interesting. This is niether. Not even close. This story is boring & ghey. And nobody cares if you smoked a riced-out eclipse. Tell us what his mods were & maybe we'd be interested. Otherwise, who gives a shit? If you beat an S4, then we might be interested. 1.8T 5speed? Really? Well whoopdifuckindoo. YOu share the smae engine as most of the members here. And?
 

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
Joined
·
4,974 Posts
julianfang said:
This is my 2 cents...if I'm on a freeway, highway, etc. etc. where the posted speed is 60+ and there are no pedestrians on the road and you want to push the speed, by all means, that's fine with me (I doubt many of us are obeying the posted speed limits anyway).

HOWEVER, driving around residential areas and beeping cars to race, or racing (driving) when you have 3-4 of your friends in your car is just plain stupid. If you kill yourself when racing, then tough shit, but don't take risk other lives with yours.
I have no problem with freeway/highway "speeding" ( not racing ) .. Like Julian says .. we all do it..
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Jesstzn said:
20vvillian said:
Some people dont like street racing and of course its not the smartest thing to do, but you dont know the conditions of the situation, like time of day when and where.
I don't think "the conditions of the situation, like time of day when and where" justify the risks to the innocent.

Keep it on the track where the proper safety precautions are excercised.

Jesstzn said:
I have no problem with freeway/highway "speeding" ( not racing ) .. Like Julian says .. we all do it..
A little contradicting dont you think, or is it only dangerous when someone is next to you in another car!:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,583 Posts
20vvillian said:
What the hell are you guys talking about we have post like these all the time! Hell there is one about pontiac floating around right now.
Ummm, same author as this thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,292 Posts
20vvillian said:
Jesstzn said:
20vvillian said:
Some people dont like street racing and of course its not the smartest thing to do, but you dont know the conditions of the situation, like time of day when and where.
I don't think "the conditions of the situation, like time of day when and where" justify the risks to the innocent.

Keep it on the track where the proper safety precautions are excercised.

Jesstzn said:
I have no problem with freeway/highway "speeding" ( not racing ) .. Like Julian says .. we all do it..
A little contradicting dont you think, or is it only dangerous when someone is next to you in another car!:)
I'm sure never once have you exceeded the speed limit :wink:
 

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
Joined
·
4,974 Posts
Come on 20vvillian gimmie a break .. you know what I am refering to... there is a hell of a lot of difference between going 10 MPH over the speed limit on open freeway v/s two loons side by side racing no matter where they are on public roads. Yes I have gone over the speed limit on open highways/freeways and I have also raced dirt cars for 15 years and I have seen the results of many high speed crashes in controled environments. I have also done over 100 MPH in my B5.5 but it was on divided freeway with no one else around in the middle of Wash. State at 2 in the afternoon on a sunny Sept. day. And no it wasn't a smart thing to do but the calculated risk I took implicated no one but myself.

Seems like everyone condones street racing right up until your broadsided by one of them at an intersection and your kids are mamed or killed. Then the scenareo changes.
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Yes i know im just messing with you bro :poke: :lol:, lets just say that if you need a rush get it by yourself, dont put others at risk not even the idiot that wants to race becuase you cant predict the unpredictable.

Let me just say this. At the 1st highpoint last year we caravan'ed together at speed and i felt very safe and assured, the members that were in the caravan all seemed to read each other very well, no close calls that day and we did travel at speed with motorcyclist and it was a pleasure. it always is when people are responsible!

There is a time and a place! :thumbup:
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
About this Discussion
54 Replies
19 Participants
Unite
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top