Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called kelly at wett a few weeks ago to inquire about a chip for my 04 1.8t. I was interested in the wett chip as I had heard alot of good things about kelly and the chips performance.

She said that they had not done an 04 passat yet and needed the software off an 04 so that they could do the programing. In exchange for me being the guine pig she said that she would do the chip for $150, so needless to say it was in the mail the next morning.

Well, things didnt go too smoothly as the programing required more time than kelly had hoped and I my car was going to be down for the rest of the week. But instead of making excuses kelly offered to rent me a car for the week! A very nice (and expensive) gesture.

I was already borowing a car and didnt really need the rental so kelly offered the chip to me for FREE to make up for my troubles
:bow:

A couple days later kelly didnt need my ecu anymore so she shipped it back (with the stock chip) and promised the performance chip when the programing was done. When I recieved the ECU there was also a K&N filter in the box with a note from kelly thanking me for my patience.

By my count they gave me about $400 worth of product and shipping for no charge!

I got my chip yersterday and the performance of it is exactly as advertised, outstanding.

THANKS KELLY, THANKS WETTERAUER, that is how to make a happy customer

companies and people like this deserve all the good word of mouth advertising they can get, so here it is!!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
thats what i call customer service!!! :eek: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
2.0GTI said:
thats what i call customer service!!! :eek: :thumbup:
Yes, and thats the way it should be done. By doing that and now it's on the Net will make many more customers for sure :wink:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Although I personally never had a problem with my Wett chip, all of those who have, report that Kelly does everything possible to satisfy the customer. :thumbup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had e-mailed Kelly about 2 weeks ago for info on a chip for my new Passat GLS 04. And she said they were still testing the chip for the 04 Passat. I'm glad to hear an independent report that is so positive, but at the same time it's really a bummer I didn't get in touch with her a little earlier :mad: I guess I'll have to shell out the bucks!!.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have been talking to Kelly and saving my nickels to buy my chip from Wett. She has answered all of my emails and been extremely helpful. I figure there must be a lot of other people like me who are emailing with all kinds of questions, and she still is as happy as ever to answer mine. I have probably asked every question twice.
I have an upsolute installer nearby, but I think Wett is what I am going with just because of what I have heard and experienced with Kelly's service and the performance of the chip. No offense to Upsolute intended, they were good to me also.
Maybe Kelly needs my 99 B5 to run some kind of test for a discount or a free chip...hmmm maybe I could trade some x-ray or borescope work for a chip :)

(okay, I'll keep saving...it should be soon Kelly if you are reading this)

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Spooner said:
I have been talking to Kelly and saving my nickels to buy my chip from Wett. She has answered all of my emails and been extremely helpful. I figure there must be a lot of other people like me who are emailing with all kinds of questions, and she still is as happy as ever to answer mine. I have probably asked every question twice.
I have an upsolute installer nearby, but I think Wett is what I am going with just because of what I have heard and experienced with Kelly's service and the performance of the chip. No offense to Upsolute intended, they were good to me also.
Maybe Kelly needs my 99 B5 to run some kind of test for a discount or a free chip...hmmm maybe I could trade some x-ray or borescope work for a chip :)

(okay, I'll keep saving...it should be soon Kelly if you are reading this)
Heard nothing but good things about the Upsolute. $350 for the DPP is not bad just not the same HP as GIAC and APR.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
chip

I just yanked out my ECU today and overnighted to Kelly with a chip I bought from someone on b5one.com and she gave me a great price on flashing the chip and socketing the board. I called her about 3 or 4 times and she always remembered my name. I can't do that with my students and I see them all year. I used the USPS for their overnight service and it sounds like the overnight service is BS. So if you are going to ship to them stay away from the post office. It pisses me off because I had an appointment next wed to get my DP installed for a fair price, finally. I may call and reschedule just to be safe. I cannot wait to drive it with the chip. I know they call it a 91 program but finding 91 is next to impossible around here. I am in Reading PA and if anyone knows of gas stations around here that sells 91 please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
602 Posts
Kelly is 8) I had problems with my chip and I was refunded in full, no questions asked. I was so impressed with Wett's customer service, I let them work through their programming kinks and came back. Now whenever I see a thread like this, I can't help but throw in my 2 cents how personally helpful Kelly was. Their product wasn't perfect, but I am willing to give them slack because they were up front and earnest in solving the problem instead of blaming the customer. I judged Wett by Kelly's actions and attitude and I'm now a happily Wett chipped V6er.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts