Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 99 B5 chipped here in connecticut this saturday by the ppl @ UPsolute. Scott did the chipping for me and i am impressed with results. it feels like my engine has new life. i can actually hear the turbo now and the power increased throughout the whole powerband. Its been 2 days and so far no problems at all. *2 thumbs up* Great job UPsolute! :bow:

ps - i thought a car was behind my b5 pushing it along, when it was really the xtra boost...haa :D

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
B5NEWB said:
I just got my 99 B5 chipped here in connecticut this saturday by the ppl @ UPsolute. Scott did the chipping for me and i am impressed with results. it feels like my engine has new life. i can actually hear the turbo now and the power increased throughout the whole powerband. Its been 2 days and so far no problems at all. *2 thumbs up* Great job UPsolute! :bow:

ps - i thought a car was behind my b5 pushing it along, when it was really the xtra boost...haa :D
:thumbup: enjoy the power!

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Welcome to the Upsolute Club - scotty_passat chapter. He did my 99 and couldn't agree more about the feeling of a new car. Jumping from 150hp to almost 200 is amazing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey Scotty, I had mine done by Rene about 3 years ago. Is there a newer version of the programming out there? Would it be beneficial for me to upgrade? Thanks!

Gibbs

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
man i can't wait :eek:h:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
GibbsB5:

When i got chipped with UPsolute about a month ago, the programmer Gary said that there was three available programs for my engine/car, and that each one is the same amount of HP/ftlbs, but for different mileages. He said that some cars with higher mileage would need a slightly different set up, and wow, what can i say, my 105,000km B5 feels like it is bran new all of a sudden. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
GibbsB5:

When i got chipped with UPsolute about a month ago, the programmer Gary said that there was three available programs for my engine/car, and that each one is the same amount of HP/ftlbs, but for different mileages. He said that some cars with higher mileage would need a slightly different set up, and wow, what can i say, my 105,000km B5 feels like it is bran new all of a sudden.
o yeah?? thats neat :thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
merk20VT said:
GibbsB5:

When i got chipped with UPsolute about a month ago, the programmer Gary said that there was three available programs for my engine/car, and that each one is the same amount of HP/ftlbs, but for different mileages. He said that some cars with higher mileage would need a slightly different set up, and wow, what can i say, my 105,000km B5 feels like it is bran new all of a sudden. :thumbup:
Actually the different programs are updates, not depending on mileage of car as I never said that. :) Some cars might have idle issues or hesitating, so the updates fixes those issues. But then some cars run better with the older programs and have no problems with it.

Gary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts