Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

After searching for B6 A4 and B5.5 passat FMIC compatibility I couldn't find much..

So, long story short, looking for cheap yet decent ebay FMIC for B5.5 Passat 1.8T 5Spd.

Best option I could find for the money was this kit for an B6 A4 (looks like it has the MAP sensor sensor and extra bung for DV) so I think it should work mechanically. I don't see any mounting hardware/brackets so I assume I'll have to custom fab something. I read from other posts that the Passat B5.5 bumper has more room than B6 A4 so that helps,

Anyone have any thoughts on if this would be an acceptable kit? or any recommendations in the same price range ($200-$250)?

Thanks

Kit Link:

ebay.com/itm/FMIC-Intercooler-Piping-Silicones-Clamps-for-02-05-Audi-A4-1-8T-B6-FMIC-Upgrade-/231880050729?fits=Make%3AAudi%7CModel%3AA4&hash=item35fd20c829:g:D3UAAOSwu1VW6b0D&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
831 Posts
I installed my front mount intercooler kit two days ago on my B5.5 from CXracing. The one I got is for the Audi B5 A4. The kit is a really good fit although I had to relocate the SAIP to fit the pipe from the turbo outlet to the intercooler inlet. For the Map sensoryou have two options, either get an adapter for a big to small map sensor from either 034 motorsport or 42 Draft Designs, the other option is swap the small port sensor for a large port sensor. Both sensors are identical in the way the function and is direct plug and play with the factory map sensor plug. I personally got a large port map sensor just to avoid leaks. I don't know about the B6 kit but the B5 kit is a direct fit on the b5.5, only thing is the way the piping on the hot side is it is in the way of the plug for the foglight so they cant be pluged back in but can remain installed. If you are stock and not tuned there is no reason to upgrade

1 - 2 of 2 Posts