Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's weird, I had a dishwasher question in mind when I entered this forum and voila, someone already had one.

Mine is about putting bleach in my dishwasher regularly. I just moved to this apartment and the dishwasher sucks. I have to put the glasses on the bottom rack, and leave the top rack for virtually clean bowls-if this gives you any idea of how much it sucks. If there's any dinner on the plates, the whole batch of dishes come out smelling like it, eg. spaghetti dinner.

Anyway, my dishes come out gleaming but have a hint of bleach to them, like my whites fresh out of the dryer. Is this alright?

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
better than having a hint of spaghetti! and cleaner too!

personally, i always rinse the plates and stuff of all their food with hot water (melts it off) before i put it in the dishwasher.

have you talked to the management company about your crappy D/W?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is lemi shine in the dishwashing detergent section?

SDPassatT said:

personally, i always rinse the plates and stuff of all their food with hot water (melts it off) before i put it in the dishwasher.

I have an unreported cat in my apartment, so unless it comes down to it, I don't want maintence men in here.

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
blaupassat said:
Is lemi shine in the dishwashing detergent section?

SDPassatT said:

I have an unreported cat in my apartment, so unless it comes down to it, I don't want maintence men in here.
Have anyone you can drop the cat off with for a day? That's what some of my friends have done; made me play babysitter.

·
Super Moderator
14,051 Posts
Yea, you'll find lemi-shine in that section. It's basically citric acid. Helps keep minerals and other crap down in the dishwasher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
blaupassat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing