Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I created this "another day another PBS show" thread just for you JRAD. :biglaugh:

This was a show about contruction of the Alaska highway durning WW2. I will be honest....Ive never heard about it, and Im a big fanatic of WW2. Found it very interasting what these men had to go thru....just amazing.

In about 8 months this army of men build over 800 miles of highway (not exactly sure on that #) that had some pretty significant effect on the outcome of the war.

Show basically talked about what these men went through, how they lived...worked...etc. VERY interasting.

Imagine being in the middle of nowhere, knowing down trees, building roads, 12 hour days EVERYDAY.....no women......-30-40 degree weather at times.....just amazing. The work that engineers had to do, obsticles they had to over come....just simply amazing. And in 8 months. :Yikes: :Yikes: :Yikes:

Hard to explain, for those interasted....I would highly recommend watching.

Also, this really belongs in OFF-TOPIC forum.

Anyone watch it? or even knew about this?

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Did you not get my previous message about this?! ;) :biglaugh:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I worked with a fellow who ran Dozers building that highway during the war. 50 years later he was still running CATS.
And I've driven it twice, once in a pickup and last summer on a motorcycle. Motocycle was more fun!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Saw it last night. Stellar stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts