Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into another Foraster XT last night...this one had an exhaust and the way it sounds and looks is just awesome I think....I will comment on that after the story.

I was cruising on route 1 when I noticed him speeding by. He tried doing few pulls but I wasnt up for it due to the area.....5....0. So I let him play around. The guy looked like he was in the early 30s....and he was a little wild....I didnt want to really mess with him cause he was doing stupid shit. First of all he cut me off when he thought I was racing him.......and after kind of watching him for 1/2 mile or so we went by 2 cops on a long straight away, they were clearly visible with the light on at 11 oclock at night. They were on the opposite side of route one, so this fugin guy......about 200-300 feet (at most) after passing the cops......slows down next to me and floors it. I mean he had an exhaust and cops couldve went after him.....but it was his lucky day that day. So for the next couple of lights I wasnt messing with him.....but I must admit he was starting to piss me off.

So we get to the light and I pull on the side of him...I didnt say a word...didnt look at him....anything. When I knew that the light was about to change I started reving it....and so did he. But he wasnt reving as high as I would to get a good start with AWD.....which suprised me. It was stickshift this time for sure......but this time tables were turned compare to the last Foraster Auto...I got an exellent start....while he got a bad one.....the reason I say is because I jumped half of a car on him off the line. Once I had the boost and a good launch......I pulled on him about 1 car length :lol: :lol: :lol: and it stayed that way thru my 1st and 2nd then to my suprise he gave up by 3rd gear (my weakest link BTW). :suspicio:

The second I noticed he gave up I pulled in the 1st lane and just cruised again....he apparently mellowed out a bit......now driving like a grandma....not like a 16 year old riceboy. 2 lights down he took a left and didnt want any part of me. :lol:

I was very lucky to get a good start....and that he didnt jump a car or 2 on me off the line.

Is my car faster then foraster XT? I would say probably not....especially modded one. Not sure if he was still wearing in the clutch or taking ti easy on the tranny....but I know for sure he didnt rev it high enough...Ive raced many many WRXs before.

P.S.
This vehicle is an sleeeeeeeeeeeeeper, the impression this car left on my face is very similar to that of a R32. I dont care how fast it is....or anything....there is just something about XTs that makes them SICK. It was like a freain SUV on crack.....it looked and sounded freakin redecules....stupid like....in a funny and good way. Hard to describe....but I loved it. Feeling that no WRX has ever left me with even when they beat me by 10 cars.....all that is irrelevent. Im sure the uniqeness factor has something to do with it....because there isnt too many around.....

cheers

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
the forester xt is like .1 second behind the 0-60 time of a porsche cayenne turbo, which is no slouch. i think car and driver got a mid-5 second time out of the forestor.

but i'm sure if you don't launch it with enough revs the AWD hampers it.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Medrosje said:
the forester xt is like .1 second behind the 0-60 time of a porsche cayenne turbo, which is no slouch. i think car and driver got a mid-5 second time out of the forestor.

Yep, if you dont start good it can be bad as a ML320 :lol:

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Meltemie said:
Medrosje said:

Yep, if you dont start good it can be bad as a ML320 :lol:
Any car really.....I seen SMG M3 1/4 mile times of 15.3 seconds if you dont set it right.....or drive it right.

Driver is #1 and with FWD no matter how good of a driver you are....its very very easy to not get a good start. 115k miles on an original clutch doesnt help either. :)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
445 Posts
I drove a Forester XT last week and thought it was awesome. Granted, my Passat is dying and has no power, so I think I could've driven a Pontiac and been happy. But I pushed that Forester (and I think scared the crap out of the sales guy) and it was extremely responsive.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Holly crap. 745 cc injectors. I'm jealous. Must have more fuel.... :weirdo:

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
So you're running .0001% IDC? Where are those charts you posted? Your spray pattern must be ugly. :lol:

And you get your ass on a dyno yet?

Edit: nevermind, I found 'em. 60%. Now you need more air. Dry nitrous? :wink: And you're runnin' a little rich, eh? Conservatives... :roll: :p

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
I get 65-70% IDCs with [email protected] and low 10's AFR which isn't unusually rich for this setup on 91 octane cali fuel. According to RC Engineering, the flow pattern on these modified injectors is "excellent" http://24.18.45.57:800/images/injectorreport.jpg

Trip to the dyno didn't go so well.. insufficient IC cooling, lots of detonation.. didn't get any meaningful results. I've made some tweaks since then and when it cools back down I'll head back with some dry ice.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Ah, yes, the 91 octane. I forgot, MTBE only causes cancer in California. :p

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
I expect it to be the same motor that's on the current Forester/Baja/STI, just a different stock turbo and IC for you to throw away, so same potential. Only difficulty is there probably won't be any engine management options for the Legacy for a while. Just means you'll have to "suffer" relatively stock until the aftermarket catches up (all depends on how different the legacy is, which is unknown at this time). If you didn't catch it, that 295awhp is with an auto, too. :)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
i noticed the auto part! :weirdo:

The Forester auto is a 4spd correct?

I'm very impressed that it can handel that amount of power. (did, I miss somthing? but i thought he had left the tranny stock)

I also wonder how the 5spd auto in the new Legacy will compar (power handeling wise)

-Nick

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I'll be driving a new Legacy GT (and 325i (yawn) and V60s) at the Car&Driver event her in August. Looks like it has the goods.....a lot of interesting cars in that class out and on the way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.