Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up my Candy White 2000 1.8t last night and I love the hell out of this thing! First thing is a good old Auto RX regimen after reading about all the sludgeing problems on here...

Quick Question, how would I go about finding the engine code?

PICS!

:beer: :beer:

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
Remove the engine cover and read the 3 letters stamped on top of the head (front right). They will say ATW.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man! I love this car! It's fun to drive and Candy White is the shiznit. Too bad I live down like a mile of dirt road so it gets dirty quick...

that brown thing off to the left is what I was driving... quite the upgrade from a MKII Jetta to this huh?

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
Welcome Bro. Nice ride, are you going to do any mods to it?. Anyways, this site is awsome for any information you need on your car, and you will find a lot of things for sale in the classified. Good luck with it :thumbup:

PS: I got an MKII as well, Golf GTI, i still love the body style from the MKII's :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I love the way MKII's look too just... break all the damn time. (from what I read Passats aren't much better lol)

My plans are; Lower it, put it on some black 18's with a hint of dish and a polished lip, smoked everything having to do with exterior lighting, chip it, turbo upgrade, FMIC, a nice system, darker tint (the tint now is like purple...) and thats about it i think... oh yea euro trim...

thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
nice upgrade from your old car!!!:thumbup: good ideas on mods...i got a 99 and its still bone stock...im planning on putting some mods on soon

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow, its MY car, just a month ago when it was stock....

Love it, candy whites are great, if u want to know what it looks like with the black rims check out mine in the "candy white pics" thread...

good luck and welcome to the club...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts