Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just got a pair of DEPO Projectors with Angel Eyes and HID. They came with a pair of adapters that plug into the OEM wire harness, then the headlights. All works fine with the exception of the angel eye rings, which I know require more wiring. (If I can get that how to PDF that I saw in another thread, that would be awesome)

I have never had a vehicle with DRLs, so I could care less that the angel eyes are not "bright enough" to be used as such. I just want to have it set up so that they run in place of my DRLs. Oh, I DO NOT have a euro switch, and I'm in a 99 passat gls V6.

So, here is a potentially stupid question:

To make the angel eyes run in place of my DRLs, couldn't I just? :

On the NEW harness,

1. Remove wire in low beam hole
2. Remove wire in angel eye hole
3. Place angel eye wire into low beam hole
4. place low beam wire into fog light hole

That way, when I disengage my e-brake, the angel eyes would come on automatically, turning my headlight switch to "on" would turn on my gauges but still just have the angel eyes on, and when I pull the knob out, my projectors would come on... right?

Please tell me why I am wrong. And, please tell me if there is any freaking way possible to make the angel eyes come on without the projectors coming on as well. (without using a euro switch)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is it really that stupid of a question? I don't know much about wiring, so... I don't want to give it a go without hearing from you guys first.

·
PRIME
567 Posts
im not sure if you've tried this, but when I first got my set they would'nt run just by turning on the headlights. you dont need a euro switch, just click the lights on then pull the switch towards you...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL... What??? I want to run ONLY THE ANGEL EYE RINGS as my DRLs. Plus, you would have to wire the angel eyes into the fogs for that to work (mine didn't come that way anyway) So...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts