Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
26,987 Posts
Hi, I am new. Cool this topic here is also big.
My 1999 limousine was cleaned out yesterday. I removed the Interiour-Air-filter housing (broken seal, a lot of rust), the housing of the ECU and the battery tray to get acces to all the dirt. I think I was first one to do so. I attached some pics. Everything was sealed with PU-sealant, so I might be the last who did this job.

Anyway I found a clear hose under the battery with a broken connector. Anyone knows what it is for? Do I need it (1)?
And the rubber sealant behind (2) is broken. Also, do I need it?
I would replace the rubber seal, rebuild the rusted off metal either with Epoxy or by cutting and welding new metal into the area.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thats funny you bring this up. My vehicle was going into limp mode on first start every day. And it has become worse. This weekend I lifted my carpet to find my TCM just sitting above the brink of sitting in a puddle of water. Just enough for the water to creep into the wiring.

I agree - this is a really important task to avoid the tears of replacing a component.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is especially for the newer users here, but is also a reminder for the older users here; now is the time to start thinking about cleaning out the leaves that inevitably work their way into your engine bay.
Perfection! I can now return the goldfish and aquarium decorations.Many thanks.

161 - 167 of 167 Posts